Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanic for LSD Installation - Los Angeles

ckola

Hey all. My slave cylinder is going and figured I would do an LSD while the tranny is out (already got the parts from Ron, went with mFactory). I'm trying to find a shop that will do the work and have only found 1 so far in Glendale, and they would be sending the trans out to a third party for the LSD install. Does anyone here have recommendations for shops that do this? I already called Mountune, they said no. I know people here have mentioned FSwerks but I was hoping to find something closer to Los Angeles (live in hollywood). Any suggestions appreciated - thanks in advance!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Whoa Mountune said no?! That’s surprising.

Sorry I don’t have any recommendations.
Mountune only likes doing stuff they sell. Which would be a Quaife . FSwerks did mine it was far but I wanted to go with someone who had experience with our cars. If my old Mechanic still lived here I would have had him do it because he could do anything. Also had experience doing manual transmission rebuilds.
Though ya thing is with our cars the seals can tricky and that is usually where people screw up , as well as the slave cylinder hence why I sought experienced .

OP
C

ckola

Thread Starter #4
Mountune only likes doing stuff they sell. Which would be a Quaife . FSwerks did mine it was far but I wanted to go with someone who had experience with our cars. If my old Mechanic still lived here I would have had him do it because he could do anything. Also had experience doing manual transmission rebuilds.
Though ya thing is with our cars the seals can tricky and that is usually where people screw up , as well as the slave cylinder hence why I sought experienced .
Thanks, I'm assuming that's the case though they didn't say it specifically. I was planning on weekend warrior-ing this one between christmas and new years, but had limited access to a garage during that period. Works back in full swing so time to find someone to do it! May reach out to FSwerks even though it's a trek...

How did the install with FSWerks go ?

OP
C

ckola

Thread Starter #7
Just to follow up here I ended up going down to Anaheim to have Vik at FSWerks do the install and it was well worth it. Great shop.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had them do mine as well. You'll need someone to pick you up and take you back as it takes 2 days for Vik to do it. Willing to follow you there and bring you back for gas money.