Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Milltek US exhaust fitment....it's coming :)

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

@ron@whoosh Do you have a price on how much the regular stainless and carbon fiber tips in us spec would cost? I'm thinking about just grinding off the cheap extenders and puting on some new pipes if the cost is similar to what I would pay a pro to do.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #43
the tips should extend past the valance, you have them positioned at the very end of the muffler so they appear flush with the valance
again, not how it's intended, the new design tips rest all the way on the muffler section for proper bite and positioning
There's nothing stopping anyone from purchasing EU spec exhaust, we sell them all the time but our Milltek kits are now US Spec
Our Milltek US Spec kits are the same price as EU, actually 11% off right now through black Friday
Not sure why a US owner would want an EU exhaust when they are too short. Scorpion, Milltek, the Cobra I have are all too short and have a multitude of emails from customers explaining this very instance.

I'm glad to provide correct fitting parts for the US - thanks!

How it sounds? I would like to know if that exhaust will be able to produce crackles with stock DP or Mountune DP?

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #45
How it sounds? I would like to know if that exhaust will be able to produce crackles with stock DP or Mountune DP?
it makes ridiculous pops and crackles with the whoosh V2 , S280 and a standard tune (not a crackle tune)
not sure how I'd test the sound for your specific downpipe requests

I have 2 of these systems already on the way to my dealer in Colombia ;)

it makes ridiculous pops and crackles with the whoosh V2 , S280 and a standard tune (not a crackle tune)
not sure how I'd test the sound for your specific downpipe requests

I have 2 of these systems already on the way to my dealer in Colombia ;)
I couldn’t find a sound comparison. Would the Thermal or the non-res Milltek have a more throaty/deep sound with no drone? I was sold on the Thermal till you started causing me doubt Ron! I’m pretty much stock otherwise for now.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #47
I couldn’t find a sound comparison. Would the Thermal or the non-res Milltek have a more throaty/deep sound with no drone? I was sold on the Thermal till you started causing me doubt Ron! I’m pretty much stock otherwise for now.
here's a small clip of the Milltek with whoosh V2 catless DP
View: https://youtu.be/YQr5rmPN8As

Killer sound.

To be clear- this is a clip of the non-resonator Race version?

It would likely be a tad quieter with my stock down pipe, no?
If the us spec version is the same silencer with different geometry then it should sound the same as mine, I have the stock do with the non res race. I posted the Google photos link of a video I took.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #51
Killer sound.

To be clear- this is a clip of the non-resonator Race version?

It would likely be a tad quieter with my stock down pipe, no?
this clip is race non-res with catless downpipe
would be a lot more tame with the stock downpipe for sure

The new straight pipe option is interesting. The description on these just says stainless steel. Do you know what grade of SS these are?

Thanks for working with them to get this. I'm excited to be ordering one shortly. Back when I had my '06 MINI Cooper S, theirs was the exhaust to get.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Received the resonated version Wednesday from Ron. Super fast 3 day shipping and on Black Friday sale! The fit and finish is just great. I had it installed by a local muffler shop, and we had to bent the forward hanger about 1 inch up on the rear muffler so the tips hang about 1/2 inch below the valance. I'd say the resonated version is just as quite as the stock. But I wasn't looking for sound so happy FiSTer here.

Last edited:

FJ16

I'd say the resonated version is just as quite as the stock. But I wasn't looking for sound so happy FiSTer here.
If you weren't looking for sound out of an aftermarket exhaust system (when the stock unit handles higher hp quite efficiently), what were you looking for?