Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Milltek US exhaust fitment....it's coming :)

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

I'd say the resonated version is just as quite as the stock. But I wasn't looking for sound so happy FiSTer here.
I'd say my non-resonated version is, too. Sounds killer at idle, just barely louder than stock with a deeper tone.

I'm thinking I'll have to let my wife drive by under load to really get an idea of the difference.

thank you for the order!~
Killer fitment and quality.

Much, much quieter than I imagined from the vids posted here.

It's an almost imperceptible difference (deeper tone) at idle standing outside the car, no difference whatsoever inside the car.

Perfect for us old guys not desiring the fartcan sound.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Killer fitment and quality.

Much, much quieter than I imagined from the vids posted here.

It's an almost imperceptible difference (deeper tone) at idle standing outside the car, no difference whatsoever inside the car.

Perfect for us old guys not desiring the fartcan sound.
The CP-E Nexus is fairly deep sounding (although YES, much more 'droney', and buzzy at certain revs than the Thermal), and NOT NA Honduh 'ricer' fartcan sounding at all. [nono]

Yes, IF the Thermal was around back when I bought the CP-E, it would have been the proverbial 'no-brainer' to get one. [wink]

Brianmc27

The CP-E Nexus is fairly deep sounding (although YES, much more 'droney', and buzzy at certain revs than the Thermal), and NOT NA Honduh 'ricer' fartcan sounding at all. [nono]

Yes, IF the Thermal was around back when I bought the CP-E, it would have been the proverbial 'no-brainer' to get one. [wink]
I know it sounds crazy and I know the quality on the Thermal is top notch, but it's too subdued for me. At least when I hear clips online, the sound difference from stock is a tad underwhelming.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I know it sounds crazy and I know the quality on the Thermal is top notch, but it's too subdued for me. At least when I hear clips online, the sound difference from stock is a tad underwhelming.
The clips online do not do it justice. Mine sounds a lot deeper than stock and louder. I would have to hear the Milltek in person but so far I have only seen one clip where I thought the Miltek was decent otherwise I was not done for the sound of the clips people posted. My thermal definitely has a deeper throatier sound to it. IMO

I can also say mine changed tone a bit with tunes and got deeper as it got some mileage on it. Or at least it seems that way. It also likes to crackle and pop on occasion especially on downshifts.

I hope my post wasn't offensive to anyone- I didn't intend it that way; if so, I apologize.

I do not own a Thermal- I bought the Milltek and wanted to share that on my Cobb STG 1+, it is much quieter than I expected, which suits me fine. I wanted a deeper tone.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I hope my post wasn't offensive to anyone- I didn't intend it that way; if so, I apologize.

I do not own a Thermal- I bought the Milltek and wanted to share that on my Cobb STG 1+, it is much quieter than I expected, which suits me fine. I wanted a deeper tone.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
NOT offended whatsoever, in the least! [:)]

Just pointing out that the CP-E system (which you did not even mention, so there is NO WAY I could possibly be offended) is fairly 'deep' sounding as well.

I even got compliments on it's sound while working the Empire State Performance Rally from a co-volunteer driving an older, restored, (late 80s) SBC, carbed Silverado, with a custom built, (and LOUD!) side exit exhaust system. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #69
we've moved quite a few of these kits since released - thank you
today only, I have some Cerakote black tip kits in stock that I will let go for the polished tip price
Message me if interested

Anyone weigh the milltek system before installing without excess packing weight?
Those of you who got the system without the muffler, can you comment on loudness/drone?

Anyone weigh the milltek system before installing without excess packing weight?
Those of you who got the system without the muffler, can you comment on loudness/drone?
I just put the milltek sport resonated catback on and wish I would've weighed the difference between the two so that people would have an idea. I can say the one I purchased which has the muffler as well on top of the resonator is actually very quiet only slightly louder then stock with a nice deep growl, and no drone at all.

I just put the milltek sport resonated catback on and wish I would've weighed the difference between the two so that people would have an idea. I can say the one I purchased which has the muffler as well on top of the resonator is actually very quiet only slightly louder then stock with a nice deep growl, and no drone at all.
Oh well, it happens! Enjoy your exhaust.
I'm actually surprised at how little exhaust weight data there is out there... With them OEM system being somewhat heavy you'd think more people would be interested in how much weight can be shed on the exhaust.
Guess exhaust weight is down low so it's not that big of a deal

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #73
shipping weight is 47 lbs
take about 3-4 lbs for packaging

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #74
I'm actually surprised at how little exhaust weight data there is out there... With them OEM system being somewhat heavy you'd think more people would be interested in how much weight can be shed on the exhaust.
I can supply individual parts of the exhaust if you ever want to remove the rear muffler or resonator

Quite surprised there isnt but it's not that big of deal I still have my stock in the garage and could weigh it and get an idea of the stock weight.

I can supply individual parts of the exhaust if you ever want to remove the rear muffler or resonator
I ordered my milltek from you back in December, and gotta say I'm glad I spent the extra to get it over the greddy. Finally got to put it on about week ago or so and got some freeway miles on it absolutely no drone which was exactly what I wanted. It sounds great, nice deep tone and just an overall clean sounding exhaust.

I'm looking at both the Thermal R&D 3" and Milltek 2.76" Fiesta ST US Spec Race cat back (non-res) on Ron's site.
What's louder, and by how much?
How much louder than stock are they both?
Comparison when just cruising vs stepping on it?

I've looked at the exhaust threads, at all the videos I could find, and have decided that cameras are quite terrible at showing/measuring sound output, some of them even make the stock exhaust sound loud.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #79
I'm looking at both the Thermal R&D 3" and Milltek 2.76" Fiesta ST US Spec Race cat back (non-res) on Ron's site.
What's louder, and by how much?
How much louder than stock are they both?
Comparison when just cruising vs stepping on it?

I've looked at the exhaust threads, at all the videos I could find, and have decided that cameras are quite terrible at showing/measuring sound output, some of them even make the stock exhaust sound loud.
The Milltek race non-res is louder than the Thermal
Both kits are in stock
Thermal is eligible for the forum discount FIST5
Milltek is on sale (10% off) until 2/29/2020 MILLTEK10 is the code to use at checkout

The Milltek race non-res is louder than the Thermal
Both kits are in stock
Thermal is eligible for the forum discount FIST5
Milltek is on sale (10% off) until 2/29/2020 MILLTEK10 is the code to use at checkout
Can you speak as to how loud the Miltek is without the muffler? Will it lead to pissed off neighbors and cops?