Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune COBB AP with bespoke tune

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I might have to call these guys. I'll give them until tomorrow, but mine is STILL "processing"
That's a little ridiculous

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Ok got mine and loaded the special tune that says
Mountune USA, v1.00 -- Mountune RR1 91 beta - Intended for an otherwise stock 2014 Fiesta ST (B299ST) vehicle with a stock exhaust and a stock or Mountune air intake system. 91 octane fuel minimum (95 RON). Boost Targets: ~20.5psi peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.5psi by the 7000 RPM redline, +/- 1.5psi.
Got a question in with Randy about the custom tune part of this . One thing I don't like is I can not edit this in my ATR it comes up bad base map or something to that effect also have a question in about that . I would like to be able to turn of the CEL I am sure i'll get for my lightweight cat and wanted to add LC to this Also in question to Randy... Took it for a spin and datalogged after my OAR got back to -1.0 it ran like it had on my old 91 tune still not sure if this has the added go fast parts factored in the tune FMIC and Soprt DP. will let you know as I find out. otherwise the packing slip said what I had ordered in regards to the tune... But it is just the start and more good thing to come..
on a side note what are you all running for a AFR mine get below 12 at the top end of a 3rd or 4th gear pull. say over 6300 rpm.. thoughts ?

I might have to call these guys. I'll give them until tomorrow, but mine is STILL "processing"
That's a little ridiculous
The last time I ordered from mountune mine said "processing" for a long time. Then I clicked on the order and it gave me a tracking number and the part was out for delivery that day.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
The last time I ordered from mountune mine said "processing" for a long time. Then I clicked on the order and it gave me a tracking number and the part was out for delivery that day.
Maybe they are just slacking updating it. Its said "this item has already shipped or is in the final stages of processing" since last Thursday

Got a question in with Randy about the custom tune part of this . One thing I don't like is I can not edit this in my ATR it comes up bad base map or something to that effect also have a question in about that . I would like to be able to turn of the CEL I am sure i'll get for my lightweight cat and wanted to add LC to this Also in question to Randy... Took it for a spin and datalogged after my OAR got back to -1.0 it ran like it had on my old 91 tune still not sure if this has the added go fast parts factored in the tune FMIC and Soprt DP. will let you know as I find out. otherwise the packing slip said what I had ordered in regards to the tune... But it is just the start and more good thing to come..
on a side note what are you all running for a AFR mine get below 12 at the top end of a 3rd or 4th gear pull. say over 6300 rpm.. thoughts ?
Randy's maps will always be locked as that's how he makes a living, so you will not be able to make adjustments to a map he sends you. I read on other forums him talking about it a few months back.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Randy's maps will always be locked as that's how he makes a living, so you will not be able to make adjustments to a map he sends you. I read on other forums him talking about it a few months back.
Cool thats kinda what I figured and that perfectly fine with me I am sure i can have Him add a few things in when he gets time .. Good to know it is not my software end getting weird with the new AP ;)

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
Email from Randy they are working to get out a ton of AP they sold so maybe yours will be in that bunch... He is Swamped with work

Good god, between the Mountune AP with custom tunes or the Livernois tuner......I need more moneys...
The Accessport can hold over 100 maps. So you can have a custom tune made for your exact modifications, and then just load it on the Accessport you already have!

Ian

first post to this forum. most pro tuners will lock your tune. you cant change it. thats because you could 'give' it to someone else. i had this issue with my WRX. pro tuners would provide 'open' tunes to users who would then share them with friends. when i first started working on my WRX, i talked to a number of local tuners and agreed to sign non-disclosers and even go through an attorney and at one point to pay extra (substantially extra) for the source. tuners would not budge. so i get access tuner race and tuned my own car. this included going to a bigger turbo, intercooler, bigger injectors, aftermarket boost control, turbo back and so forth. did a tune for 93 oct and a tune for e85. as far as im concerned the tune as as good (perhaps better than some) pro-tunes. i took two months of careful working to do this and had a place where i could do consistent third gear runs. and the info on the wrx by the time i started tuning had a history of several years worth of individuals tuning and posting tweaks and how-tos.

while i understand why pro-tuner would not unlock a map, it still bugs me. for those who would spend the time, at least on the wrx, it can be done by an individual. also, most pro-tunes are done on dynos and road tuned as an afterthought. my tune was all road tuned and in varying weather and temp conditions so it was appropriate to my driving style and how and where i drive. i did eventually put it on a dyno (more than once) to 'see' the results which were around 300whp on e85 which was as far as i was willing to take it due to the weakness of the wrx 5 speed.

also, be aware, there are some very good tuners and there are some that will (and have) blown up a customer's car. i've seen it happen.

me, for my fiesta st, i await a bigger turbo and supporting hardware before i do any tuning. my take is the turbo is about maxed as is and a slightly larger turbo would be more appropriate to my goals. and i do mean 'slightly' larger.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
The Accessport can hold over 100 maps. So you can have a custom tune made for your exact modifications, and then just load it on the Accessport you already have!

Ian
Thanks Ian, I just can't find a decent Eco-boost application tuner in my area [V]

Thanks Ian, I just can't find a decent Eco-boost application tuner in my area [V]
E-tuning (like mountune would do) is an option also. There, you get a base map file emailed to you, take datalogs per the tuner's request, and they can revise the map based on that data. Everyone listed as a Ford Protuner on our site can tune the Fiesta ST too. Because this platform is newer they haven't posted here much yet, but I'm sure they will be soon ;)

Ian

Umm, btw............OMG....I installed Randy's tune for my car...stock, 93 octane today....WOWZERRRZ...I get it now...woke up the car and had a Fiesta!!! ST style...owner gots to reeeeleyes...ha ha...he knows wtf he is doing...now, once I get the intake and charge pipes(MOUNTUNE!!!), I will start datalogging and send my logs to an overworked soul in SoCal...Randy Robles.... I thank you man...I had so much fun after work today after installing your tune...btw, FORD knew what the eff Fiesta meant when they allowed the SVT and ST engineers to get together and build our cars...and Randy just dumped grain into the punch!

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
Thanks Ian and yes I got my first instructions on how to datalog . Must be to save time as the instructions were vert specific as to gear and rpm range also I forgot to take ESC FULL off .. Duh... sport mode was close but .... LOL this is all new and I am still getting the hang of it so bear with me as for tuning it myself I played with a honda/Acura and did not enjoy that much at all so after looking at the ATR software and the stuff you can change in this ECU it makes the hondata look very old and dated.. WOW no wonder these tunes are taking as long as they are .. the thing is massive in options...