Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

jeff

2000 Post Club
A bit late to this discussion and not an MRX but for what it’s worth during my last dyno session a few months ago we took my paper filter out for a couple of the runs and the car only gained half a horse power.

Also could be different since I don’t have this particular turbo but I got the same airflow with stock airbox and a ram air filter that I did with a full CPE set up. Other folks with the same turbo set up as me but with a CPE intake showed no HP gains on the dyno over my stock intake with ram air filter.

The paper filter is a much better filter at filtering things. I think we all drank the koolaid on that one

Se7eN

Small little Bump

I'm waiting for the local dyno to get moved to their new spot to try out the last iteration of the E40 tune. Had a bump in spool due to some adjustments from the tuner (who had a revelation and sent me a random tune update) I also fixed all the boost leaks and the exhaust leaks before the V-band adapter. Car definitely feels better though I don't know if WHP will actually do better, the TQ numbers would easily improve.

Will update as soon as I can.

Small little Bump

I'm waiting for the local dyno to get moved to their new spot to try out the last iteration of the E40 tune. Had a bump in spool due to some adjustments from the tuner (who had a revelation and sent me a random tune update) I also fixed all the boost leaks and the exhaust leaks before the V-band adapter. Car definitely feels better though I don't know if WHP will actually do better, the TQ numbers would easily improve.

Will update as soon as I can.
Revelation? Do tell 👍

Mikey456

A bit late to this discussion and not an MRX but for what it’s worth during my last dyno session a few months ago we took my paper filter out for a couple of the runs and the car only gained half a horse power.

Also could be different since I don’t have this particular turbo but I got the same airflow with stock airbox and a ram air filter that I did with a full CPE set up. Other folks with the same turbo set up as me but with a CPE intake showed no HP gains on the dyno over my stock intake with ram air filter.
The 1/2 horsepower sounds about right, because i gained around 1 mpg when I went to a foam filter from stock. Not sure it’s worth the “noise”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se7eN

Revelation? Do tell 👍
I don't know the full details basically played around with the timing and got the spool to come in a good 300rpms earlier which is always good. Again WHP might not change that much, maybe 2 or 3 which would even happen with just colder temps. But the WTQ does seem much different.

I don't know the full details basically played around with the timing and got the spool to come in a good 300rpms earlier which is always good. Again WHP might not change that much, maybe 2 or 3 which would even happen with just colder temps. But the WTQ does seem much different.
That’s called magic. Getcha’ sum 🧚‍♀️

I ordered my MRX mountune out of stock since I placed order around August 1st. Worth keeping it or return the order and get the gtx2860r / Hybrid?
It's an excellent turbo, I've been running it since release and with 0 issues. But if you dont wanna wait, there are definitely other good options. On a side note, I ordered the Clubsport Suspension the last week of July and still haven't received them. Even emailed them yesterday and have yet to get a response. The site should say "out of stock" instead of "usually ship in 1-2 days".

Se7eN

I'm looking to hit up a local dyno if I can during the weekend. Only downfall is that there has been a heatwave recently and Ambient temps are in the mid 90s all day, So power might not be the highest. Just looking for tq and power band improvements.

I'm looking to hit up a local dyno if I can during the weekend. Only downfall is that there has been a heatwave recently and Ambient temps are in the mid 90s all day, So power might not be the highest. Just looking for tq and power band improvements.
Same conditions when mine was on the Mustang dyno

It's an excellent turbo, I've been running it since release and with 0 issues. But if you dont wanna wait, there are definitely other good options. On a side note, I ordered the Clubsport Suspension the last week of July and still haven't received them. Even emailed them yesterday and have yet to get a response. The site should say "out of stock" instead of "usually ship in 1-2 days".
Are you running 2.5’ downpipe and Exhaust? How much power are you getting with 91?

Se7eN

I'm running Depo catted DP and Mountune exhaust on 93oct. On the last revision, the vdyno said 264hp and similar tq. I've never put it on an actual dyno though.
That's actually pretty decent, a Vdyno on 3rd gear gets me around 252hp in 90 degree heat and crappy gas "93oct"