Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune just released their RMM (roll resistor)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Just though I would share. I'm not getting one as I have the Cobb and just bought the boomba. Looks nice though.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422931547.856797.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422931561.543205.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I wonder if this will change [MENTION=1367]Randy@mountune[/MENTION]'s thoughts on RMM and Tuning ?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Roll-Restrictor-Fiesta-ST-2013-2015-p/2364-rr-aa.htm

$149 (free shipping)

The mountune roll-restrictor reduces the amount of engine roll/movement during hard acceleration and gear changing. With a product such as this, care must be taken with the design and choice of materials, as a poor design can destroy the feel and driving experience of the car. With an extensive background working in the OEM market, mountune have the knowledge and engineering expertise to create a product which can reduce the engine movement by the desired amount, but with minimal effect to the NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) level.

The mountune roll restrictor is machined from high quality aluminum, and features unique Powerflex polyurethane front and large rear oval bushing – wich helps with horizontal plan NVH. The bonus of using polyurethane is that not only has it been engineered to give increased stiffness without causing excessive vibrations, it also doesn’t deteriorate like rubber does, so the service life of the component is greatly increased.

•High quality anodised billet aluminum body
•Powerflex polyurethane bushes
•Reduction in engine movement
•Minimal effect on NVH

XuperXero

Just though I would share. I'm not getting one as I have the Cobb and just bought the boomba. Looks nice though.
So... what's the advantage of this over just getting powerflex bushing other than not having to press it out?

How's your Boomba compared to Cobb? Just got the Boomba myself. I'm actually nervous on installing considering how stiff it is.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I wonder if this will change [MENTION=1367]Randy@mountune[/MENTION]'s thoughts on RMM and Tuning ?
Appears as if he might not have a choice and will just have to deal with it now! LOL

I believe Randy's comment was directed at a specific delrin unit (one of the earlier ones on the market). I'm not 100% sure which one it was but I think I can figure out what vendor it was from... Mountune's looks like the same design as Cobb only with the yellow powerflex bushings. I don't imagine there will be any false knock problems with it.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
^ You're right. I can't remember what brand or vendor he was referring to.

As for this RMM, I love my Cobb one. I don't really see where people are talking about the vibration. I barely, I mean barely, noticed any vibration differences in my car after installation. Even with the AC on, I barely and rarely notice it.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
So... what's the advantage of this over just getting powerflex bushing other than not having to press it out?

How's your Boomba compared to Cobb? Just got the Boomba myself. I'm actually nervous on installing considering how stiff it is.
Don't know yet, still waiting for the boomba to arrive. I'm hoping its a little stiffer than the Cobb :)

XuperXero

Don't know yet, still waiting for the boomba to arrive. I'm hoping its a little stiffer than the Cobb :)
Just installed mine last night... Stiffness and feel is perfect. But... holy rattle batman!!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Just installed mine last night... Stiffness and feel is perfect. But... holy rattle batman!!
So your now getting vibrations @ idle after installing Mountune's RMM? I also found Cobb's RMM to even be quite annoying and removed mine quite awhile ago and don't miss it at all particularly considering that I don't make a habit of doing hard launches anyways! Where I live we pretty much need to run AC year round and at idle the vibration was very noticeable...

XuperXero

So your now getting vibrations @ idle after installing Mountune's RMM? I also found Cobb's RMM to even be quite annoying and removed mine quite awhile ago and don't miss it at all particularly considering that I don't make a habit of doing hard launches anyways! Where I live we pretty much need to run AC year round and at idle the vibration was very noticeable...
I apologize for not making myself clear. I was quoting JPGC about Boomba RMM. You can find more of my feedback here

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I apologize for not making myself clear. I was quoting JPGC about Boomba RMM. You can find more of my feedback here
Opps my bad..I am still on my first cup of coffee waking up here! LOL... But yeah, I'm not convinced that installing any aftermarket RMM will be free from NVH...there is always a trade off...It will be interesting to hear the feedback soon on Mountune's RMM...

Chris G

Looking forward to hearing about Mountune's. I threw on the Cobb version last weekend and I like it. The minor vibrations don't really bug me that much. I will be curious to see what the longer term effect will be on the plastic interior bits and pieces. I am already experiencing some additional rattles after a week (which is fine... just an observation).

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This new piece from mountune looks a lot like the one from Steeda that I have been using for years now.

Dave

Just watched the installation vid...

What's with the countersink drilling? I haven't seen any mention of that for the other offerings.

What's with the countersink drilling? I haven't seen any mention of that for the other offerings.
Only reason I can think of is to avoid having to take out the two long studs that hold the metal bracket in place.

OP
JPGC

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Mines gotten a lot less vibraty, if you will. It's still stiff, no doubt, but not as bad as it was. I really like how it feels now. This is IMHO though as I have a lot of tolerance for stiff mounts.

I just got my mountune rmm a few days ago. The website and video say you need to drill it out but the instructions in the box say you can also tap it off with a hammer like Cobb's install video. This is what I'm going to plan on doing to install mine.

A question about rmm replacement in general though: mountune says that when you remove the rmm, the engine may move slightly. This seems extremely likely to me, but the Cobb video it doesn't happen one bit from what I can tell.
So, if it were to move just a bit and I couldn't get the bolts in place, what would you guys recommend I do to reposition the engine? My friend said put a Jack under the transaxle.

I just got my mountune rmm a few days ago. The website and video say you need to drill it out but the instructions in the box say you can also tap it off with a hammer like Cobb's install video. This is what I'm going to plan on doing to install mine.

A question about rmm replacement in general though: mountune says that when you remove the rmm, the engine may move slightly. This seems extremely likely to me, but the Cobb video it doesn't happen one bit from what I can tell.
So, if it were to move just a bit and I couldn't get the bolts in place, what would you guys recommend I do to reposition the engine? My friend said put a Jack under the transaxle.
Yes the engine will move, but you can just re-align it by hand, I didn't need a jack for that. I'm pretty sure the drilling method is just so you don't have to fully remove the two long studs.