Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune MR230

Nobody really seems to be talking about this...

So we finally have the Mountune catback and another power upgrade from Mountune, the MR230 kit. The catback comes in at ?450 and the MR230 ?1995 if you have the MP215 or ?2299 if you are upgrading from stock.

In my opininon, the catback is very well priced, but we havent heard it yet so I cant wait to get a sound clip of it in action - if it sounds good then thats a definite from me due to price, it being Mountune and, of course, if it sounds good!

On the other hand, I think the MR230 seems a little too expensive. ?1995 for an extra 15bhp? Hmm....you do get a lot of hardware in that price though; catback, downpipe, intercooler, charge pipes, induction hoses, air filter and a re-map (and an M Tune if you dont already have one, which I dont).

Not sure what to think about this tbh....

MOFiST

Could probably merge this thread with that other one?
That's a huge chunk of change for this kit. I guess it comes down to what you want. What I'm most curious on is the timing adjustment for MR230 and what that entails.

been there done that. the mountune 215 tuner along with the 230 upgrade and the labor from the dealer to return to stock to use the accessport was a total waste. it would have paid for the cobb unit and most of the turbo upgrade. or the unit, a dyno tune and cash left over. I did the mountune unit hoping they would have brought out a turbo upgrade for the fiesta but no the focus rs is getting all the goodies.....sour grapes yes, rant over.....

AzNightmare

The only reason why someone would buy the mountune kit is to retain the factory warranty or because they are a big fan of mountune.
The cost of parts are already on the upper end of the market, but what kills the most is the professional labor. From what I believe, you must get it installed by Ford dealer. DIY would void warranty. (And that would also suck for those that like the hands-on of modding)

That being said, you're getting very good quality parts. Although I would say COBB is probably on par in quality, so no reason not to just go with COBB, besides the 2 reasons I listed above.

The reasons I bought the kit are I really do admire Mountune, I want to retain the warranty, the quality is 100%. I am getting installed by an dealer who has a separate SVT department

The mr230 kit is not covered by the Ford Racing warranty.

If you're talking about the mp215 kit, it no longer needs to be installed by a Ford dealer. It only needs a certified mechanics sign off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pretty lengthy discussion regarding this with my performance advisory. It isn't covered really, no. But if the issue is unrelated to the pack, it still will be.

Either way, I care only for an increase in performance.

I had a pretty lengthy discussion regarding this with my performance advisory. It isn't covered really, no. But if the issue is unrelated to the pack, it still will be.

Either way, I care only for an increase in performance.
So it's exactly like any other mod or tune... Although, if something did happens to go wrong, a Ford racing dealer might be more forgiving of the Mountune parts and tune.

I believe that there is another member who had their "warranty friendly" Mountune RMM fail and had to pay for the damage out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

The reasons I bought the kit are I really do admire Mountune, I want to retain the warranty, the quality is 100%. I am getting installed by an dealer who has a separate SVT department
I had my mp215 installed by a Ford Racing Dealer (back when it still HAD to be done by a Ford shop) They took care of everything including calling in to Ford to have the car registered as having been modified to keep the warranty intact. I had the intercooler, Intake pipe, and complete charge pipe upgrade done at the same time. The mechanic was particularly impressed with the fit of all the parts. He said with many suppliers he has to tweak to fit, but these were all direct replacements. I (want to) believe that the higher price of mountune parts reflects the research and development time spent to get their stuff "just right", and I'm willing to spend the $$$ to get the quality I feel I deserve. I wish I had a dealer with and SVT department within 50 miles of me.

Zormecteon

FYI. The mountune rmm was never ford warranty friendly. Really only the mp215 kit is.
Oh... and the Quick Shift... Oh yeah... and the Intercooler. Oh look, the Induction Upgrade Kit (actually part of the mp215).

I have the mr230 kit. I its a nice quality kit but there are better parts for those aiming for higher performance. Full kit put me at 203hp and 298ftlbs at dyno day. Really disappointed but hey its the kit I got through ford. Ford dealer told me they will warranty the car provided it goes to them only for services needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have the mr230 kit. I its a nice quality kit but there are better parts for those aiming for higher performance. Full kit put me at 203hp and 298ftlbs at dyno day. Really disappointed but hey its the kit I got through ford. Ford dealer told me they will warranty the car provided it goes to them only for services needed.

Warranty including the downpipe?

AzNightmare

Is that wheel or at crank?

mountune MR230 Complete Performance Upgrade- Fiesta ST 2013-2016
As the name suggests, the MR230 upgrade kit delivers a performance increase to 230PS (227hp) at 5500rpm with 340Nm (250 ft.lb) of torque available from 3000rpm.
http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-MR230-Complete-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-230-aa.htm

How come your hp is so underwhelming, but your torque is so overwhelming. lol

Dyno day in 90 degree weather kept killing my charge temps. I was at plus 40 after two pulls and plus 45 after 3. I think im going to get a better custom tune from randy in a litle.