Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poor dyno run Mountune MR230

Hey guys, new guy from Oz. Took my car in for its first dyno.

As you can see i only made peak power of 110kw at wheels!

I had calculated i should have closer to 140!!

That number is worse than stock.

I have the following mods

Whoosh 3"catted dp
Custom 2.25 ss exhaust
Ceuk C Perf FMIC
Whoosh hotside pipe
Whoosh crossover pipe and turbo elbow
Velossa Tech Big mouth intake
Ramair induction hose
Vudu short shifter
AWR Rear motormount
Gfb diverter valve
Mountune airbox with KN filter
Mountune symposer delete
Mr230 tune w handset

I am completely confused, my boost reads about 21.5psi and car feels fine.

Any ideas? Torque numbers look okay?

Thanks in advance received_908322176208180.jpg IMG_20191005_173821_280.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thought it had an MRX turbo in it... I apologize! Should be good to go after the tune is loaded.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It would be helpful if the dyno had the RPM where the max Powers were made. You are getting 300 lb of torque but at what RPM.

Would you still make 300 pounds of torque with a boost leak?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Car looks like it got very rich halfway through the pull. Looks like 10.5:1 but hard to read that graph.

EDIT: Mainline dynos are load based like mustang dynos. They will usually be much lower compared to dyno jet (inertia based). Your numbers looks similar to mine using the mustang dyno correction factor of .09 on vdyno and I'm stock on E30. I suspect a pro tune would net you better results assuming you have no hardware issues.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
jurule20
Thread Starter #11
Whats the best way to find a leak?

And yeah could i be making 330 torque with a boost leak???

Thanks for the replies

OP
jurule20
Thread Starter #12
Car looks like it got very rich halfway through the pull. Looks like 10.5:1 but hard to read that graph.

EDIT: Mainline dynos are load based like mustang dynos. They will usually be much lower compared to dyno jet (inertia based). Your numbers looks similar to mine using the mustang dyno correction factor of .09 on vdyno and I'm stock on E30. I suspect a pro tune would net you better results assuming you have no hardware issues.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I have the locked MR230 mountune tune

OP
jurule20
Thread Starter #13
I also did a 0-100kmh test last night and did 7.2 secs which is a mile off the supposed claims of 5.9.
[emoji24][emoji848]

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Best way to check for leaks is first a visual. Check all your clamps, and any obvious signs. Then if it still doesn't seem right, you can buy or fab up a boost leak tester, where you disconnect and plug the intake and apply a safe amount of compressed air to the system and listen for any hissing and use a bottle of soapy water to spray and look for bubbles.

Looking at your graph again it seems like your power drops off pretty dramatically around the time you start running rich (too much fuel, not enough air), so I could see a boost leak being the culprit, or there's something wrong with your tune.

OP
jurule20
Thread Starter #16
Another thought, couple weeks ago i installed an alloy crossover pipe and turbo elbow. Fitment was a little off but if one of the silicone pipes arent completely sealed could this be a point of boost leak at higher rpm, so torque is fine lower down but at higher rpm it starts leaking boost giving me this lower peak power?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Another thought, couple weeks ago i installed an alloy crossover pipe and turbo elbow. Fitment was a little off but if one of the silicone pipes arent completely sealed could this be a point of boost leak at higher rpm, so torque is fine lower down but at higher rpm it starts leaking boost giving me this lower peak power?

It's possible.

OP
jurule20
Thread Starter #18
The turbo elbow didnt have a gasket, im gonna put the stock one back on. Was a much better fit also to the silicone coupler.

Fingers crossed this is my leak point.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
The turbo elbow didnt have a gasket, im gonna put the stock one back on. Was a much better fit also to the silicone coupler.

Fingers crossed this is my leak point.

I used some RTV (Permatex Ultra Grey) on my inlet elbow as it was just a flat metal on metal surface. Just a thin bead as it doesn't take much.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
As someone pointed out in a prior forum thread there is no boost until after the turbo so that cannot cause a boost leak.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk