Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Radiator installed - Oil Temps Still High?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^I still have bad memories of the Red Line RED Water Wetter gelling up in the Dex Cool fluid in my 4th gen f body's LS1 radiator (but not their BLUE diesel stuff for some reason).
Maybe our Motorcraft fluid's chemistry is different enough from labeled Dex Cool for this not to happen to us [dunno], but I personally am unwilling to take that chance.

I use the Lubegard Kool-It additive, and this last summer season I used a whole quart bottle of it (most likely overkill, I know!) in an approximately 65% water/35% Motorcraft coolant mixture.

I am not sure if, or how much, this is helping me out or not, but I do seem to have less problems, and no 'runaway' limp mode temps while still on the factory radiator than most others on here for street driving, regardless of the outside ambient temps. [wink]

Erick_V

for those who ran water wetter, how much should i pour in? entire 12oz/355mL ?

thinking to use a turkey baster to suck out the same amount, is this the right way to do it?
I ran one bottle with a 70/30 mix

SST

Thanks, i will use that for reference.

Anybody hear of Amsoil Dominator Coolant Boost? claimed to have bigger drop than Redline, plus bring the coolant into working temperature quicker.