Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Turbo Kit in the works

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Mountune MR265 - Hybrid Turbo Upgrade Kit Available for Preorder (UK)

8/7/2016 - Mountune Announcement on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Mountune/

Fiesta ST MR 265 upgrade available for pre-order today at FordFair!

Building on the highly-acclaimed MR230 upgrade, the MR265 takes power to another level through the addition of a hybrid turbo-charger, high-flow rear intake section, larger intercooler and revised calibration.

? Peak power: 265PS (261hp)

? Peak torque: 370Nm (272lb-ft)

mountune mr265 announcement.jpg

mountune mr265 kit.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Unless that pic is not a good representation of it, that IC looks to be so tall as to block most of the radiator. [dunno]

I wonder how much more a stateside tuner could get out of that system by going outside of Mountune's suggested/canned tune on that kit?

Since they do not show it in the kit, I'm guessing those numbers are with the factory catted down pipe as well.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Unless that pic is not a good representation of it, that IC looks to be so tall as to block most of the radiator. [dunno]

I wonder how much more a stateside tuner could get out of that system by going outside of Mountune's suggested/canned tune on that kit?

Since they do not show it in the kit, I'm guessing those numbers are with the factory catted down pipe as well.
Likely the numbers are built off the mr230 as this is the next stage.

TempeST

in Verena Mei's live feed on Facebook, Mountune tells you how much power they made with the kit and they said around 265to the wheels. I just hope they found a way to make it better than ATP. Looks to be a solid kit though. And the reason they told pwnall off is because they were not telling anyone anything about it until they released it. They didn't even tell Verena anything about it and it was her car.

TempeST

The kit shown is for the guys and gals over the pond. Ours here will be thier smaller intercooler unless they have an option for us but Idk if they would. The guys in Europe have a different bumper beam so they have room in front of it to put the intercooler shown above.

meFiSTo

I got an implied confirmation that the California team is at least working on a big turbo kit separate from the MR265 and specific confirmation that there will indeed be a U.S. version of the MR265. Timing is not determined for either. I'm sure the U.S. MR265 setup will be different. Even the MR230 was different. In the U.S., the tune was all software, whereas the UK/EU version had some mechanical cam adjustments.

Keeping fingers crossed that both happen. I'm very interested to see what the two packages wind up looking like for U.S./Canada customers (MR265 and MRX).

Frankenfiesta could see a winter update. Thought I was done, but maybe not.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I hope they sell the turbo separately for those of us who already have all of the supporting mods

I got an implied confirmation that the California team is at least working on a big turbo kit separate from the MR265 and specific confirmation that there will indeed be a U.S. version of the MR265. Timing is not determined for either. I'm sure the U.S. MR265 setup will be different. Even the MR230 was different. In the U.S., the tune was all software, whereas the UK/EU version had some mechanical cam adjustments.

Keeping fingers crossed that both happen. I'm very interested to see what the two packages wind up looking like for U.S./Canada customers (MR265 and MRX).

Frankenfiesta could see a winter update. Thought I was done, but maybe not.
what is 'mechanical cam adjustments' ? does that mean there were aftermarket cams? (seems like i have seen these somewhere for the fista st). or is it just the tuning also adjust the cam timing or something else? also, does montune have a complete built trans with limited slip (like focus rs) or just the diff itself?

eta, i have a complete adjustable suspension on my WRX from ground control, spoke with them last week and they supposedly are coming out with a complete replacement setup for the fiesta and it requires no modifications to the body (strut tops). these systems are nice. i had one on a crx also. adjustable ride height and rebound damping using koni shocks. i like their systems because you can keep your ride height or lower it. my wrx system at least has adjustable shock tops too so you can adjust camber/ caster and so forth.

meFiSTo

what is 'mechanical cam adjustments' ? does that mean there were aftermarket cams? (seems like i have seen these somewhere for the fista st). or is it just the tuning also adjust the cam timing or something else? also, does montune have a complete built trans with limited slip (like focus rs) or just the diff itself?

eta, i have a complete adjustable suspension on my WRX from ground control, spoke with them last week and they supposedly are coming out with a complete replacement setup for the fiesta and it requires no modifications to the body (strut tops). these systems are nice. i had one on a crx also. adjustable ride height and rebound damping using koni shocks. i like their systems because you can keep your ride height or lower it. my wrx system at least has adjustable shock tops too so you can adjust camber/ caster and so forth.
With the UK/EU version of the MR230 setup, mountune provided some kind of cam-adjustment tool and instructions. That's all I got for you on that. I have the U.S. version. For me, MR230 was just a tune, a cat, and a hot-side charge pipe, added to the MP215 stuff. Done.

No idea on anything to do with a transmission for consumer use. Just the diff as far as I know.

Well, with the BC Racing coilovers, the slotted shock mounts allow up to about 3 degrees of negative camber (took a while for my race shop to sort that out, but as of today, I now have about -2.2 of camber in front on each side; yay!). The rear has a solid axle and apparently there is no spec on any adjustment or alignment settings (so says my shop). Rear is what it is, adjusted to factory spec as possible.

I'm 95%sure that this is mountune crack at the x37. They are seeing the market out there and now want a piece of the pie. My two cents. The pic looks like a stock piece of equipment like the x37.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
i have a complete adjustable suspension on my WRX from ground control, spoke with them last week and they supposedly are coming out with a complete replacement setup for the fiesta and it requires no modifications to the body (strut tops). these systems are nice. i had one on a crx also. adjustable ride height and rebound damping using koni shocks. i like their systems because you can keep your ride height or lower it. my wrx system at least has adjustable shock tops too so you can adjust camber/ caster and so forth.
The problem is that we do not get the good, Koni single or double adjustable dampers for these cars to PUT those nice Ground Control coil over conversions onto. :(

I had just that GC converted setup (double adjustable fronts, single adjustable rear Konis) on my LS1 Z28, and I LOVED them as they were great!

I guess they could work on the Bilsteins that some on here have as well, but those dampers have no (rebound) adjustments at all (correct?).

The problem is that we do not get the good, Koni single or double adjustable dampers for these cars to PUT those nice Ground Control coil over conversions onto. :(

I had just that GC converted setup (double adjustable fronts, single adjustable rear Konis) on my LS1 Z28, and I LOVED them as they were great!

I guess they could work on the Bilsteins that some on here have as well, but those dampers have no (rebound) adjustments at all (correct?).
we wont know until they come out with whatever. my WRX system used koni's modified in custom coilovers. in other words it was a complete suspension, including shocks and struts themselves. The shocks were custom modified. I also bought rear tops. i think at the time the whole setup was around 2500. I also replaced all of my suspension bushings with upgraded rubber (not the harder derlin stuff) parts. The car used to sort of float before the changes. kept my ride height and got a lot better handling.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Mountune USA Fiesta ST turbo upgrade adds 80 hp

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/15/ford-fiesta-st-mountune-turbo-kit-280-hp/

October 15, 2016 - AutoBlog

2014-ford-fiesta-st-01-1.jpg

We love the Fiesta ST just the way it is, even if it's not the fastest thing in the world. But if you want the Fiesta STs chuckable chassis with giant-slaying power, Mountune's American branch has you covered. Ken Anderson, president of Mountune's US operations, told us the company will release a turbo upgrade kit for Ford's tiniest hot hatch that will bump output to a ridiculous 280 horsepower at the flywheel.

Like Mountune's Focus ST MRX kit, the Fiesta ST MRX upgrade will include a larger turbocharger with an accompanying ECU tune. The turbo is sourced from the Garret GT2554R line and will bolt right on to the stock exhaust manifold. Mountune will also offer custom tunes to owners with additional modifications. As for the rest of the details, Anderson said they would be revealed when the kit goes on sale later this year.

This kit will be about as close as you'll be able to come to a Fiesta RS. Any hopes for a super-powered Fiesta from the factory were dashed this past January when a Ford engineer revealed that company big wigs weren't keen on the idea. Thank goodness for the aftermarket.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well if it is like any other Mountune part fitment will be perfect and everything including in the kit. Other than that it will be more expensive.