Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune's Ford Focus RS Gets 25 Extra Horses

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OK, we get it, it's a low buck supercar, and the best thing on four wheels.[rolleyes]

But after owning two of their early hot (relatively, for the times) NA hatches, A1 8V GTI and A2 16V GTI, and hearing them continuously telling us here in the states of all of the high performance shit they were going to give us, and then NOT EVER delivering (and giving us abject failures like their 8V G-Lader 'Rallye' and Corrado CRAP, and 12V VR6es), I wrote them off a LONG time ago.

Nice that it took them almost 35 years in the hot (NOT so much for them!) hatch business here to FINALLY make a decent ride, and they can KEEP IT, even if it did 10s right off the showroom floor, and then drove your kids to hockey practice in total luxury, for all I care. [thumbdown]

OK, we get it, it's a low buck supercar, and the best thing on four wheels.[rolleyes]

But after owning two of their early hot (relatively, for the times) NA hatches, A1 8V GTI and A2 16V GTI, and hearing them continuously telling us here in the states of all of the high performance shit they were going to give us, and then NOT EVER delivering (and giving us abject failures like their 8V G-Lader CRAP, and 12V VR6es), I wrote them off a LONG time ago.

Nice that it took them almost 35 years in the hot hatch business here to FINALLY make a decent ride, and they can KEEP IT, even if it did 10s right off the showroom floor, and then drove your kids to hockey practice in total luxury, for all I care. [thumbdown]
We're in a thread specifically talking about power gains on the AWD hot hatches mainly the RS. No one is saying the Golf R is the best thing since sliced bread, but YOU asked what makes it so quick in a straight line and you got the answer. Being faster than another car in no way means it's better... I think people forget that these days.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The whole company is a little too 'full of themselves', and I cannot wait until someone finally knocks them off of their WRC dominating throne, as well.
I will admit though that their R5 Polo WRC is one mean looking little bugger, box flares and all.

(That they throw mega-billion bucks {or Marks/Euros as it were} into R&D/testing, and most importantly, buy the biggest salaried drivers in the series, yes, does make that a difficult thing to accomplish. [mad] )

The whole company is a little too 'full of themselves', and I cannot wait until someone finally knocks them off of their WRC dominating throne, as well.
I will admit though that their R5 Polo WRC is one mean looking little bugger, box flares and all.

(That they throw mega-billion bucks {or Marks/Euros as it were} into R&D/testing, and most importantly, buy the biggest salaried drivers in the series, yes, does make that a difficult thing to accomplish. [mad] )
So basically you're biased and dislike the company, gotcha.

It's simple: The focus RS simply isn't the tuners special straight line hero that the hype train led us to believe. It is still a great car, that is both more fun, and a better handling machine than the Golf R. But if you are looking for the fastest hatch in a straight line/tuning platform, the Golf R is still the best bet by a long ways as previously stated by another member.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yup, you can have your straight line 'tuner' car, because, of course, VeeDub builds the absolute best dragsters on the planet. [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nope, just one's that run 11's with two mods. Great talk. You brought up some very intuitive points the last few posts.

[clap] Yes, and IF I gave even two shits about import drag racing, (or ANY drag racing at all) that would be overwhelmingly impressive.

But, GOOD FOR YOU!! (And I really mean that with no sarcasm at all. ;) )

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oh, I clicked on it because I thought it was about the Focus RS, NOT import drag racing.

Oy, stupid me, I must have posted in the wrong thread!

Never mind, carry on.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #30
AutoBlog - Mountune Focus RS kit adds 25 hp, preserves warranty

August 05, 2016 - AutoBlog

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/05/mountune-ford-focus-rs-official/

It's confirmed for the UK, and will evenutally come to the US

2016-ford-focus-rs-first-drive-ext01-1.jpg

The Ford Focus RS is already a seriously hot hatch, but some people will always want to spice things up even more. Extra spice also usually means bidding adieu to the car's factory warranty. Fortunately for those people, Mountune and Ford Performance announced a power upgrade kit that lets you turn up the heat on your hatch without ditching the warranty.

The new kit was developed by the famous European Ford tuner Mountune and Ford Performance. It includes a high-flow intake, upgraded blow-off valve, retuned engine management, and a badge to let everyone know that your RS is something a little more special. All of these components net the car an extra 25 peak horsepower and about 30 lb-ft of peak torque. Mountune also claims a new 0-62 mph time of 4.5 seconds compared with a claimed 4.7 second time for a stock model. Not bad for a kit that the dealer can install in under two hours and is fully covered by warranty.

Right now Mountune is only offering the kit overseas, but it will eventually come here. However, there may be a bit of a wait as it's still be developed for our market.

"Final details and launch date have yet to be determined pending various legislative and regional test requirements," Ken Anderson, president of Mountune USA, told us in an email. The good news is that it is coming. And if you simply can't wait, Mountune already offers many of the key components of the RS kit at their online store.

Looks like I'd still rock an RS, but straight line performance has never been an interest of mine.

Never has and never will be.

Golf R's look to be very nice cars, but my experience with my girls beetle and Jetta have really turned me off to the manufacturer.

But my local repair shop of choice has been my absolute favorite shop to work with over the 20 years or so of experience I have tinkering with cars.

I can't stand VW's... But after seeing an APR stage1 (intercooler, fart can, air filter, tune) got 12.0 like 12'times in a row while my buddies 370whp fost went 13.3 ( and 12.6 later on slicks ), I gotta say, the golf R is the real deal. And... Like all VW cars, it has a really really strong awd. VW has just never had an engine that didn't require a top to bottom build to take advantage of it, not to mention, they were always over weight. The golf R fixes that.

Besides that.... I really dislike VW's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a modded RS running 12.2 or very similar numbers to the R you mention. Yes Ford hatches are slow...