Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Muffler delete questions

Do you usually cruise between 3-4k rpms though? Only time I'm in that RPM range for extended periods is on some back roads where I'm driving a bit aggressive...
I was straight pipe for a week and I loved it, except for the massive drone between 3-4k. I live in Houston, doing 70-80 mph is the norm, the drone was nauseating.

Just got a res delete AND muffler delete today. (why not I thought)

I have no pics but here's my personal review:

It's a lot louder than I imagined it to be and I watched several videos before making my decision to do it.

What does it sound like? I owned a 2013 Fiat Abarth prior to my ST and in my opinion the sound is somewhat similar but I think the ST is now louder than my Abarth was. Yes, there is drone.

If I had to do it again, would I? Give me 3 months to see if the drone and loudness has made my ears bleed yet. (exaggerating)

Sum it up: If you're looking to achieve a deep tone with gargles, pops and lots of attention from others while driving...and want to save money over an aftermarket cat-back exhaust...GO FOR IT.

Anyone notice a DECREASE in performance from a muffler/res delete? My butt dyno has seen a noticeable dip in performance.

Right now all I have is a green filter. Next up I have planned a COBB AP with tune, and FMIC.

Tvogty28

I have a muffler delete on my car, sounds great. Makes the car sound 1000% better. It has an aggressive sound for a 1.6.

Tvogty28

I have only seen a very slight decrease in torque and increase in hp. If you have a intake and access port you wont be able to tell at all.