Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Fist mistaken for... a Prius.

This was kind of cute, but worrisome at the same time. My mom lives in a retirement community, and I recently visited her for the weekend. She wanted to go to a new restaurant nearby, and when she saw my new car she got excited and wanted to ride in it.

There was a parking spot at the front door of the restaurant, and as we ate I had a clear view of my car. Other elderly people were in the area, and I watched in curiosity as a lady, most likely in her 80s, tugged on the driver door handle of my locked car, while pushing buttons on her key ring.

After a few tries, she looked around, then walked to a white Prius parked two spaces over. She got in and drove away. My mom, 75, said "sheesh, they shouldn't let old people like that drive!"

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
LOL!!

I've gotten that a few times....And in all fairness, I can see the resemblance...It the Fiesta's egg-like profile that throws most off...

meFiSTo

My car got mistaken for a Prius at its first track day. An old dude (even older than me) was there with his nephew (who was driving an STi). They wandered over late in the day and the old uncle dude asked me how it was tracking a Prius. Hah. There was an instructor driving his Prius in one of the other sessions, so I kind of get the confusion. I don't THINK the nephew was confused, but they were both a little out-backish (from a very small town in WA), so their world view was perhaps somewhat narrow. Not really sure, but it was kind of funny chatting with them. Uncle did say: "Damn, you gots stock Recaros in there!"

a quick glance and they look more similar than not

prius actually looks like the focus RS more than a fiesta

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Get get alot of people mistaken mine for a Focus ST.

I think the Focus ST looks more pedestrian than the FiST. I always have. The back has an underwhelming design and its side profile doesn't strike me as being as aggressive as our cars (I am referring to non-2015 FoSTs).

... Sorry for going on that tangent.

meFiSTo

I'm not sure I want to drive a car that gets mistaken for a Prius [shhh]
Think about the stealth, my friend. Stealth.

a quick glance and they look more similar than not
Even more so with the 4-door NA version of the ST.

And: Thank you [MENTION=2139]randywatson[/MENTION], for reminding me of this classic:
https://vimeo.com/3407350

"Sexy Chocolate!"

I think our cars have a very unique styling and compared to the FoST I feel we got the better end of the deal. But still can't figure out why they said a prius lol

Even more so with the 4-door NA version of the ST.

And: Thank you [MENTION=2139]randywatson[/MENTION], for reminding me of this classic:

"Sexy Chocolate!"
yeah i didn't look too deeply, just quickie to find the similar 3/4 shots for a side by side.

fun fact, if you didn't know, charlie murphy was in harlem nights as jimmy ("the guy who measures the fuckin air??"). :D

meFiSTo

yeah i didn't look too deeply, just quickie to find the similar 3/4 shots for a side by side.

fun fact, if you didn't know, charlie murphy was in harlem nights as jimmy ("the guy who measures the fuckin air??"). :D
Wait. Wut? I thought it was Eddie that had the role of Randy Watson in CTA. No? That's what Wikipedia thinks.

Wait. Wut? I thought it was Eddie that had the role of Randy Watson in CTA. No? That's what Wikipedia thinks.
harlem nights is eddie's other movie with the late richard pryor and redd foxx. if you haven't seen it, it's a must see. i just mention charlie since after the chapelle show, he's almost as well known as his brother.

randy in CTA was indeed eddie murphy. ;)

sorry for the tangent. with the ghosted image of the prius and fiST together, it's even more obvious and easily mistaken until you do a fly by.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #17
You know him as Joe the policeman from the What's Goin' Down episode of That's My Momma...

The overlay photo is creepy... I don't like my car being mistaken for the car I strongly dislike... :)