Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My official Race Chip thread 2.0 -

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
With all due respect, @MagnetiseST
I don't really think that racechip gave you one at a discount to infiltrate this forum and sell product, nor that you work for them, but considering the way this is playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #44
I

Wow that is a lot more cables than I was expecting.
Same here, and i suspect it's a bit more sophisticated than people expect too. Real tunes control/adjust a lot of variables, i don't know if 4 count as "all" but it's a lot more involved than past "chips".

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Same here, and i suspect it's a bit more sophisticated than people expect too. Real tunes control/adjust a lot of variables, i don't know if 4 count as "all" but it's a lot more involved than past "chips".
It's because it has to manipulate sensor data to 4 different sensors instead of just two.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #46
With all due respect, @MagnetiseST actually has a point. Your only means of evaluating this product is your subjective impression. You don't have any real dyno data to back it up, you can't measure timing or boost or air flow or negative corrections or any objective data that would normally be used to create and evaluate a tune. You're only going on feel and what the manbuns in the white sneakers said on the videos.

You're sort of contradicting yourself, too. You posted last week wanting to know the best mod path, where we specifically talked to you about the different steps to take beginning with an AP. You acted interested in taking the slow path and building it right. Then you very quickly bought a product that cannot be used as a basis for your build and went against all the advice you supposedly wanted/listened to...

Your earlier thread, very different tone...

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/hp-upgrades-by-cost-including-labor.21234/

NOW

:unsure:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but as I stand back and look at this it smells fishy.

1. New guys blasts into the forum, starts tons of threads, asks tons of questions.
2. These questions are "newbie" questions and therefore attract some new blood who are new to modding.
3. After all advice is given and (it seems) well-received, same new guy then introduces new product that goes against all sound experience and data and at the same time supposedly beats the other options in terms of performance. Rather than ask for advice this time though, new guy buys the product and prepares for review.
4. Same new guy vehemently defends his product but does so (mostly) nicely. Why get mean when you're trying to sell something?
5. Same new guy will (no doubt) prove us all wrong by experiencing amazing butt-dyno gains.

I don't really think that racechip gave you one at a discount to infiltrate this forum and sell product, nor that you work for them, but considering the way this is playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
LOL the photography forum i post on also has people who accuse others of being paid shills for Canon, Nikon, ect. Think about your logic genius, i start a few threads, one about this product turns into a political debate which i gladly partake in bc im a conservative Missourian with small kids who i want raised properly.

Do you really think i am behaving like those limp wristed Germans who gave their country away? Come on dude, think about the context. And yes, you are being a conspiracy theorist. If RC is paying me, i want my check now.

jeff

2000 Post Club
LOL the photography forum i post on also has people who accuse others of being paid shills for Canon, Nikon, ect. Think about your logic genius, i start a few threads, one about this product turns into a political debate which i gladly partake in bc im a conservative Missourian with small kids who i want raised properly.

Do you really think i am behaving like those limp wristed Germans who gave their country away? Come on dude, think about the context. And yes, you are being a conspiracy theorist. If RC is paying me, i want my check now.
Like I said in the post you quoted, I don't really think those things, but it's hard not to wonder. Somebody had to wonder, "Why are we drinking this Kool-Aid?"

One thing is for sure, but not both: Either you are a paid shill and I am a genius as you suggested, or you talk too much and listen too little.

That said, good luck with your car, we are always here to help you and anyone else who seeks to improve and enjoy this fantastic platform.

So you admit you're a shill for Canon?

It'd be great if you took pictures of where the plugs go for in case someone else does want to follow in your RC footsteps.
Is this your first mod you're installing?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
but at least they can all agree to dump on anyone that posts an iphone photo lol

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Ya I forgot about that. It does start to seem like we are being sale trolled. There is a certain business in Texas that has recently started tuning that is running around giving out free tunes for the sake of these kind of posts and social network credibility.
Is Hennessey tuning FiSTs now?!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

What happened to OP? The walking manbun in white shoes said this only take 50 minutes to install.