Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need a Tune?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hi there! I have an 18 Fiesta ST (obvs) and am currently running the Full Intake Kit from Mountune (same as MP215 just no tune) and the Catback Exhaust from Mountune. I'd rather not run a tune due to the chance it could void my warranty unless you can think of a workaround. I want to do some more modifications to increase power/cooling and was wondering what I should do next? I was thinking maybe the MT Complete Intercooler Upgrade (see link below) or whatever you might recommend, but will this in combination with my other mods need a tune? Thank you.

PS: I do have a rmm and some cosmetic mods already installed, just curious about tunable performance mods.

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-complete-Intercooler-Upgrade-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-ick-aa.htm

Last edited:
If you are worried about the warranty wring the shit out of your car for 5000 miles. If it survives that the car should be fine for a long time. Then you can mod the hell out of it

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
If you are worried about the warranty wring the shit out of your car for 5000 miles. If it survives that the car should be fine for a long time. Then you can mod the hell out of it
Well I'm at 7500 miles now, driving my average style and it seems fine so far, but I shared the cost of the car with my dad so I gotta keep my warranty or he'll be pissed.

Well I'm at 7500 miles now, driving my average style and it seems fine so far, but I shared the cost of the car with my dad so I gotta keep my warranty or he'll be pissed.
Lol What kind of power are you looking for?

If you can find a dealer that is mod friendly that would be helpful. Be honest with your mod intentions and see what they say. Some dealers like Tasca will even tune your car.

Nothing too significant. I just wanna know if I'll need a tune to run the intercooler upgrade.
Edit: my eyes are seeing things. Once the engine is seeing more air and cooler air, a tune can take advantage of that but it’s not necessary.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
If you can find a dealer that is mod friendly that would be helpful. Be honest with your mod intentions and see what they say. Some dealers like Tasca will even tune your car.
Yeah, I've heard about that, and am planning on talking to my service manager. I just wanted to get an idea first.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just get a Cobb AP3 from a vendor with one of their flash tunes....I've had 91....93 and e30 from Stratified & Dizzy tunes. Both are very good choices. When my car was under warranty which was when I bought it new....I would revert back to my STOCK tune if I had to get any warranty work done. No issues whatsoever.... you will be fine! Then after that you can get a d do whatever you want although the powertrain is 5yr/60k. But I'm already almost there anyway so oh well that's out the window! Good luck! Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Just get a Cobb AP3 from a vendor with one of their flash tunes....I've had 91....93 and e30 from Stratified & Dizzy tunes. Both are very good choices. When my car was under warranty which was when I bought it new....I would revert back to my STOCK tune if I had to get any warranty work done. No issues whatsoever.... you will be fine! Then after that you can get a d do whatever you want although the powertrain is 5yr/60k. But I'm already almost there anyway so oh well that's out the window! Good luck! Enjoy
I thought about doing that, but I saw someone on a forum say the service techs can see if you flash a tune back to stock from something else, though I may be mistaken. Thank you for the advice though.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I had that cooler and still have their intake and induction hose. After those went in I started looking at tuning options. Those mods are like the ground floor for getting a good tune
Ok cool. Thank you very much for your help!

I had that cooler and still have their intake and induction hose. After those went in I started looking at tuning options. Those mods along with the cooler are like the ground floor for getting a good tune.
Btw that cooler used to be tube and fin but now it’s bar and plate. I think that is the perfect cooler for a stock turbo

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have heard that they can tell if it had a tune but you would have to admit it. I did it a bunch with no issues. When I got my final warranty work done at the 60k mark I asked my service manager about a dp and intercooler I was planning on installing just incase the axle seals failed again, if I would have a problem because of fords 24 mo 24k mile warranty on repairs. He said no problem just bring it to me. The way he said the it was like he really had no problem with it. Mod friendly dealers are awesome. When the work was done I had a rmm and catch can visible. Nothing was said about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

slopoke

Not to knock Mountune, but if it were me, I'd go with a Whoosh or something price point similar. I started with a Whoosh V1 cooler. It was fine but with the stock turbo and was fine with the hybrid, but I went big turbo, I'm now running a Bravo Alpha unit.
Go with a Whoosh V3 intercooler and Mishimoto cold and hot charge pipe kit. That's a $200.00 savings before any discounts over the Mountune hardware and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the cooling properties of the Whoosh are as good or better than the Mountune for a bit less money. Your money, your choice, good luck.