Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help with a brake job

I live in San Antonio. I have all the parts and jack and jack stands. I know the procedure for the most part. I am having trouble loosening a seized and rusted bolt on the rear passenger side that is on the bracket that covers the rotor. I've tried everything and can't get it to loosen. If anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it.

Bracket which covers the rotor? You mean the caliper bracket? (the part the caliper bolts into, which bolts onto the hub) Try a 2-3' breaker bar? Penetrating fluid like PB Blaster? Long shot, can you get impact tools in there, even if you have to use an extension with a swivel adapter? Heat around the area the bolt screws into?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Penetrating fluid (WD-40, PB Blaster, etc) to start, and then tap it a few times with a rubber mallet to help the penetrant penetrate ;) And, this may sound obvious, but make sure you are going in the correct direction (counter-clockwise to loosen); when the bolt heads are facing me, it's obvious and easy, but when they're facing away, I sometimes need to remind myself to change direction :eek:

Erick_V

I live in on the Northside in San Antonio. If you need tools or anything I'm free all-day Saturday or Sunday after 3ish. Feel free to shoot me a PM. I've removed the rear brakes before to paint them.