Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Never Wanted 16's

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
There is the Maxxim Winner made by Konig, 16x7, should be around 15 lbs, made in 4x100/4x108, low cost and a decent quality wheel.

I would like a 16x8 but there are few options, really big bucks, big wait, no spares available if damage one....or Enkei RPF1 which I have owned many sets in the past but they are more than double the price and likely would not fit my BBK's as have a narrow barrel diameter.

I can get the Konig Feathers like I have now but in 16x7 but not made in black(I have silver 17x7 now) and not in a dual bolt pattern, only 4x100, etc. I wish the 4x108 was made for my fellow enthusiasts to enjoy.

Siestarider

I am happy with 14.7 lb 16x7 OZ Ultras. Two years DD and 9 track days on them and no problems.

My 205/45 BFG S-Comps are just about ready for replacement, maybe two track days left in them, will probably go with Bridgestone R71 next unless BFG makes a Rival S in 205/45 available. The Bridgestones only weigh 20 lbs per tire.

My goal is quickest setup for track that I can also DD. No worries about snow down here is Fla, so that simplifies.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great low weight and holding up fine, cool:)

Not likely the Rival S will come in more sizes but it would be great if they did though the R71 is no slouch on the track and a great weight!

If not done I would research how they handle the heat, last time I looked into Bridgestones their best tire did not handle heat very well.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I am happy with 14.7 lb 16x7 OZ Ultras. Two years DD and 9 track days on them and no problems.

My 205/45 BFG S-Comps are just about ready for replacement, maybe two track days left in them, will probably go with Bridgestone R71 next unless BFG makes a Rival S in 205/45 available. The Bridgestones only weigh 20 lbs per tire.

My goal is quickest setup for track that I can also DD. No worries about snow down here is Fla, so that simplifies.
This is the same set up I'm hoping on switching to next year. Love my BFG s-comps 2 on my current 15x6.5 set up but I want to go wider next year. I'm currently only running 195/55 now, iirc.

Waterfan

There is the Maxxim Winner made by Konig, 16x7, should be around 15 lbs, made in 4x100/4x108, low cost and a decent quality wheel.
Also interested in future 16x7 wheel upgrade, I just scrounged up the weight of the 16x7 Winners: 16.2 lbs (page 14)

(OZ Ultra still my top choice, even though they are a bit more expensive, the additional weight savings over cheaper options is tasty - 14.7lbs.)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I can see where the Winner weighs a bit more than the Konig Feather, more spokes, the Feathers in 16 are supposed to be right at 15 lbs but I have not been able to verify it yet but know what the 17's weigh so it is a reasonable weight to expect.

If I had fewer wheels and tires I would not mind spending a bit more but I have if not mentioned on this particular thread, 18 wheels and 14 tires for the car.

I am waiting on a quote for the Konig Feather in 16x7, black, BFG Comp 2 AS 205/45/16 but might go with the 50 series tires.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I can see where the Winner weighs a bit more than the Konig Feather, more spokes, the Feathers in 16 are supposed to be right at 15 lbs but I have not been able to verify it yet but know what the 17's weigh so it is a reasonable weight to expect.

If I had fewer wheels and tires I would not mind spending a bit more but I have if not mentioned on this particular thread, 18 wheels and 14 tires for the car.

I am waiting on a quote for the Konig Feather in 16x7, black, BFG Comp 2 AS 205/45/16 but might go with the 50 series tires.
What's making you go to 50 then? I'll be going 16s and 205/ something but I've heard different things and debates between 205/45 and 205/50.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If I could find tires I could use and wanted 17's(more race tires available in that size and 18's so with a body kit I would look into it)

17x9, +45mm ( would need some spacers) roll formed, 17lbs, $179

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
If I could find tires I could use and wanted 17's(more race tires available in that size and 18's so with a body kit I would look into it)

17x9, +45mm ( would need some spacers) roll formed, 17lbs, $179
Okay, but what's making you choose the 50 instead of 45 on the 16s you're getting?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Actually I would l more likely use these but might have to go down to 11" rotors instead of the 11.75" I now run under my current race and summer wheels.

15x11, +20 offset so would need to ensure geometry can be maintained that works properly, roll formed, 14.5 lbs, dual valve stems, designed to run 275/35/15 race tires, $219 each!

I'm probably going to be looking into swapping to 16in rims, soon. Have already replaced one factory for hitting a pothole and bending. Just replaced another because of a crack in the face where the tire seals (inside). Hoping the crack can be repaired, and going to keep this one in the barn, for a spare. Going to need some sort of protection from shitty roads, or i'm sure this will just continue...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The 45's are 23.2 " in diameter and 1 lb lighter but only .1" narrower tread and .3" narrower sidewall so might handle better than the 50s which are 24" tall as well but that would be more on dry pavement, on wet, slippery, cold, etc...a bit more compliance in the tires is usually a good thing.

I am on the fence about which one to go with, I have spent a huge amount of my time on cars, bikes, etc...reducing weight and it has paid off but 1 lb per corner is not a big deal.

One thing I like about this tire is the tread wrap into the sidewall, it will give more grip in snow and mud that tires without it, why offroad, etc tires have a lot of it.

Note: If you ever get stuck try dropping the air in the tires down to 20PSI or even lower and see how much more grip you get, best to not go far on that pressure though.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The 45's are 23.2 " in diameter and 1 lb lighter but only .1" narrower tread and .3" narrower sidewall so might handle better than the 50s which are 24" tall as well but that would be more on dry pavement, on wet, slippery, cold, etc...a bit more compliance in the tires is usually a good thing.

I am on the fence about which one to go with, I have spent a huge amount of my time on cars, bikes, etc...reducing weight and it has paid off but 1 lb per corner is not a big deal.

One thing I like about this tire is the tread wrap into the sidewall, it will give more grip in snow and mud that tires without it, why offroad, etc tires have a lot of it.

Note: If you ever get stuck try dropping the air in the tires down to 20PSI or even lower and see how much more grip you get, best to not go far on that pressure though.
Okay I'm still learning about the whole tires thing. I'll definitely be going with BFG s-comps either in 205/50 or 205/45.

GAbOS

..and that's why I went with 50 series r16 winter compound for the coming months. :D

edit: Rick, your Inbox is full.

JasonHaven

I haven't had the Comp 2 A/S's in the snow yet obviously, but I have good things to say about them in the dry and wet so far... 205/45-16

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Glad you have and like them, let know when it snows how they do please:)

I do not plan to drive my car in the snow but will use it as much as I can during the winter and could get caught out in it.
I have driven in at least 30 snowy winters and only had two sets of snow tires and both used very little but I have not lived where you get crazy ice storms and have a ton of traffic. I once talked the highway patrol into letting me drive over a closed pass, without snow tires, when he looked over the rally prepped car and I explained I raced it regularly. It was fun hauling butt all by myself for 50 some miles though it was just compact snow and ice it was kind of hard to understand why the road was even closed.

I believe a competent driver in a competent car can drive through most anything except very deep snow without ever needing snow tires or chains but some do live in much more harsh weather than I was dealing with in E WA state, N Utah, N CA, etc...