Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New excited soon to be ST owner!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and to thank everyone for a pretty lively forum full of great information and opinions.

After lurking for a few months on the forum and doing plenty of research I've decided the Fiesta ST is the car for me! I ordered a 2016 Molten Orange with Recaros as the only option (might get the kick plates too) in mid June. I recently received my VIN but as far as I'm aware there isn't any tracking information to be had yet. I'm coming from a leased 2013 G37X (automatic) and this will be my first car with manual transmission. My first car out of high school was a 2007 Toyota Yaris so I guess the Fiesta is going to be somewhere in between the performance scale (but thankfully closer to the G ;) )

I'm slightly apprehensive which I think just comes from trying something new but from what I've seen its a very easy car to learn on and I'm also very committed to learning that skill. I've been doing plenty of reading/youtube instruction and I understand the concepts well enough I'll just have to get my brain thinking about using another foot and hand.

Sick man, driving stick is a bit nerve wracking the first cpuple days until you get the hang of it. After that, its a total blast! I ordered exactly the same car as you only in the magnetic color. Great choice.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

I wouldn't worry about learning how to drive a manual with this car. You will do fine. Congrats on the purchase! You will really enjoy this car on a daily basis. It's just an oversized go kart and its awesome. My wife hated my corvette, but loves to DRIVE the fiesta because she says its just fun to drive and easy. I concur, the fiesta is a blast!