Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST in Central Florida!

Hey!

Just picked up a brand new 2017 Fiesta St in White Platinum on Saturday!
First forced induction car and first Ford! Came out of a Chevy Cobalt that I've had for 11 years.....Huge Upgrade!
Looking forward to getting into the FiST community.

Here's a quick pic that was snapped, more to come!

Fiesta ST.jpg

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! It's a fun little car, and these guys know a lot about them. Enjoy your hyper little rocket!

I noticed your post right after it sold. I almost flew down and bought it myself. Mind if I ask what you got it for and how your experience was with them?

The only issue I had was they were trying to charge me sky high taxes and registration fees. I'm talking thousands of dollars too high. They sighted that since I was out of state they had to collect the max possible advoloram and tag fees up front...I knew I'd get the over payment back when i registered, but it takes Alabama about 2 months to process refund checks. So I was hesitant to do the deal.

Thank you for posting the FB group. I applied for membership as I too am in the Central FL area. I had an annoying experience with Brandon Ford. They weren't interested in working with me so I quickly dropped them. I ended up working with Sarasota Ford and they were reasonable and easy enough to work with. I'm active with Central Florida SCCA Rallycross we have 2 Fiesta STs, a Focus ST, and sometimes a RS that join in the events. If you have any questions about Rallycross feel free to PM me.

OP
triplegriff
Thread Starter #17
I noticed your post right after it sold. I almost flew down and bought it myself. Mind if I ask what you got it for and how your experience was with them?

The only issue I had was they were trying to charge me sky high taxes and registration fees. I'm talking thousands of dollars too high. They sighted that since I was out of state they had to collect the max possible advoloram and tag fees up front...I knew I'd get the over payment back when i registered, but it takes Alabama about 2 months to process refund checks. So I was hesitant to do the deal.
Yea, I am happy to tell you, but there is that fear once I tell you, everyone might tell me I paid too much hahah So, not including trade in, the number was $18,500 including taxes and title and "fees." I had a pleasant experience with them, a younger guy named Marvin. I went in with my 12 month old. (His birthday was Feb 16 and we bought the car on Feb 17, so happy birthday to the little guy.) I think this bought me a little goodwill, and the kid was pretty well behaved for being there for most of the afternoon. Guy was nice and we got down to that price after a little bit of negotiation. As soon as he made the first offer, my son looked at him and started waving "bye-bye" made the guy laugh and they dropped the price *a little* off of that.(I also did a little pre-negotiation before I got there).

I had originally called about a FoST, but that one they stood pretty firm on the price, and I *think* I pulled a reverse bait and switch based off of their logic on the FoST and helped me get to this price. I think this one had been on their lot for awhile. Another sales guy walked up to me(after all paperwork was signed) and started chatting(he loves STs) and was saying how this one had been sitting on the lot for quite some time. End of the day, it probably worked out better for them.

They have been good on the follow-up also, I just dropped it off today for them to replace the clear piece of protective plastic above the rear driver side wheel well. Had a little chip out of it. Also they were going to check the hood alignment because it looked off to my eye a bit. And this is all at no cost, and they gave me a loaner to drive back to work(I work an hour away from the dealership).

I had an annoying experience with Brandon Ford. They weren't interested in working with me so I quickly dropped them.
Mute-
I definitely got the vibe that they don't work much on their prices(see above about FoST). They just about laughed at me over the phone when I made my initial offer on the FoST. So, I completely understand where that experience came from.
And I'll shot you a PM[thumb]

OP
triplegriff
Thread Starter #18
Scoob-

I just saw your thread on cost, yea it seems like I might have paid too much.

Don't feel too bad man. I ended up passing on that deal and it's long gone now (had something come up so I pumped the brakes on the new purchase). So I'm back in the hunt now lol.