Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiST member in Denver, CO

Hi everyone.

Just got out of an old Jeep Cherokee. It was great for camping, exploring the mountains here in Colorado and my dog loved it. However, the gas mileage was terrible and most of my driving was commuting. I missed having a fun car.

My brother drives a 2017 Focus ST that he does autoX with. I went with him a couple months ago and was hooked. So my search began. I wanted something fun but not too flashy that would still be practical enough for a Colorado dog owner. While I liked the FoST, it didn't feel all that special. I was looking at the Toyota 86 chassis, the GTI, a WRX, and even a Civic Si. Those all had things I liked but still didn't feel like they fit what I wanted.

Honestly, I almost completely looked over the Fiesta ST. Long story short, I ended up test driving a used 2016 FiST with the Recaro seat option and fell in love! Plus this 3 year old car only had 8,000 miles.

I've been driving it for about 3 weeks now and do not regret it one bit. I could see myself owning this thing for many years.

I don't plan on doing too much to it. Mostly just the common entry upgrades: RMM, 2-point brace, good tires, weather tech mats. I may get a second set of wheels/tires to autoX with for next spring. Mostly l just want to maintain it and keep it classy. It is my DD.

So hi!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nice! I just picked up a '19 that looks just like yours.
If you ever get the hankering to take it out to High Plains, PMP, PPIR, or La Junta hit me up as I'm interested in seeing how these do on a road course.

PhoenixM3

Hi everyone.

Just got out of an old Jeep Cherokee. It was great for camping, exploring the mountains here in Colorado and my dog loved it. However, the gas mileage was terrible and most of my driving was commuting. I missed having a fun car.

My brother drives a 2017 Focus ST that he does autoX with. I went with him a couple months ago and was hooked. So my search began. I wanted something fun but not too flashy that would still be practical enough for a Colorado dog owner. While I liked the FoST, it didn't feel all that special. I was looking at the Toyota 86 chassis, the GTI, a WRX, and even a Civic Si. Those all had things I liked but still didn't feel like they fit what I wanted.

Honestly, I almost completely looked over the Fiesta ST. Long story short, I ended up test driving a used 2016 FiST with the Recaro seat option and fell in love! Plus this 3 year old car only had 8,000 miles.

I've been driving it for about 3 weeks now and do not regret it one bit. I could see myself owning this thing for many years.

I don't plan on doing too much to it. Mostly just the common entry upgrades: RMM, 2-point brace, good tires, weather tech mats. I may get a second set of wheels/tires to autoX with for next spring. Mostly l just want to maintain it and keep it classy. It is my DD.

So hi!

Welcome! They’re great little cars! I’m in the Springs area...

OP
kbwarken
Thread Starter #8
Nice! I just picked up a '19 that looks just like yours.
If you ever get the hankering to take it out to High Plains, PMP, PPIR, or La Junta hit me up as I'm interested in seeing how these do on a road course.
Cool!

Yea, trying to find a good condition FiST with Recaros is becoming impossible, even if you look out of state. There were two '19 that were sold very recently; a white and a metallic one. I'm guessing you got the metallic. Luckily, this one seemed to be unmolested. While a new one would have been great, if I were to remain picky, I might've ended up with nothing. So I jumped on this one. It was in Fort Collins.

As far as track day, I've never tracked a car in my life. Only autocross. But I'm interested. We'll keep in touch. [emoji106]

OP
kbwarken
Thread Starter #10
Awesome! I just bought a new '19 from Phil Long in Denver and drove it home to TX. So far, I love it!
Was yours the white one? If so, that was the one I was looking at. Just didn't have my finances quite ready yet.

What part of TX? I grew up in Houston. Lived there for 29 years

OP
kbwarken
Thread Starter #11
Hey! I have the same care and am located in Boulder. Drove it all the way here from CA. Get an access port!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. I've been realizing since I've had mine that there are so few other people in CO driving these things. Makes me feel special. But good to know there are others around me!

Was yours the white one? If so, that was the one I was looking at. Just didn't have my finances quite ready yet.

What part of TX? I grew up in Houston. Lived there for 29 years

Yep, white! I had been working with Brandon at Phil Long and pounced before it was too late...got a smoking good deal too, IMO. I love it! They still had two white left and one of them was configured just like mine. None had Recaros but that's OK with me because I got it for like $17.5k before TTL. I grew up in the Cypress Farbanks area in Houston and now live in Huffman. I lived in Bailey, CO between 2011 and 13. The company I work for is based out of Broomfield so I have ties to CO
1574896176330.png 1574896223754.png 1574896270480.png

OP
kbwarken
Thread Starter #13
Yep, white! I had been working with Brandon at Phil Long and pounced before it was too late...got a smoking good deal too, IMO. I love it! They still had two white left and one of them was configured just like mine. None had Recaros but that's OK with me because I got it for like $17.5k before TTL. I grew up in the Cypress Farbanks area in Houston and now live in Huffman. I lived in Bailey, CO between 2011 and 13. The company I work for is based out of Broomfield so I have ties to CO
View attachment 25621 View attachment 25622 View attachment 25623
Wow yea. I grew up in Spring and moved to Atascocita for a few years while in college. I delivered pizzas with Papa John's to Huffman. It was always fun 'going over the bridge'. That was 15 years ago. I imagine it's changed quite a bit since then.