Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new forum member Seriously considering a Fiesta ST

Just went for my second test drive today in a fiesta ST with Recaro package. I currently drive a heavily modifies turbo Miata with here abouts 275 horsepower. My car is getting old now and starting to cost a bit to maintain. It is an excellent track beast but for the street I have no power before 4300rpm then it rips. Since my first test drive of a FiST I have been very conscious of this difference between the two cars and I am feeling more and more that I could use much more of what the FiST has to offer on the daily than my current near track car. I also have 4 children and the Miata cannot fit even just the wife and the baby so I only drive it to and from work and at the track here and there. I figure with the FiST we could go places maybe not with the whole clan but at least me the wife and the baby or me and all the kids while the wife does something else since she cannot drive my car due to the heavy clutch. I would consider many other cars but they would all be used for my price range and as much as I would like a used corvette Z06 it would have over 100k miles on it and tires cost over 1500 in those things so running costs would be crazy. I am liking the Fiesta because of the low end torque that makes it feel like a much bigger motor so I don't have to deal with having no power in the lower revs where most my daily driving is and its still light weight and has a well sorted chassis stock. The seats are amazing and even the shift knob is good. I could put up with this car in near stock from for much longer than I did with my current car which I dumped about 600 dollars into a month for the first year.

Anyway yes I am really considering that it may be time to send the old Miata on its way and settle into new ownership of a FiST. I have not been much of a fan of front drivers before except with my classic mini which was neat but I don't really power slide on the street anymore either so I don't need RWD as much as I used to.

Maybe very soon I will be posting pics of a new Performance Blue FiST with Recaro's

Attachments

Welcome to the forums!

You can't go wrong with buying a FiST. Make sure you check out some of the build threads and even take a look at an off topic thread to see what some of us owned modified or drove before this car. You will see like yourself we were all drawn to this car and even though there are more powerful cars on the market, the FiST provides all the fun in a lightweight package that wont cost an arm and your first child to modify haha.

Good luck making your decision! =)

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #5
I was considering an orange but I had not seen one. The only one in the area also had navigation so 1300 just to have the color I wanted seemed steep. That and my wife said hell no I wasn't getting an orange car when the guy at the dealer mentioned it today. I drove a race red the first test drive and the blue this test drive and like the metallic blue better than red which I avoid because it is more fade prone and near impossible for a body shop to match. My buying decision pivots a lot on how tomorrows track day goes in my Miata. Its the first track event of the season and the car has seen some major maintenance over the winter. Power is up the the new brakes are insane compared to last time. Hoping I can hang with my friends 500hp 335i but even if i can't I will still probably be having more fun.

And yes as my name imply s if I get my blut FiST it will probably have a megaman sticker on it.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Welcome! Your Miata sounds like an awesome car. I thought about getting one but the 2 seater really isn't practicable for every day use. The fiesta st is an awesome car. Just picked up mine few weeks ago and I'm loving it

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #12
well my track day ended after one run group because my pcv system sucking up oil. May call the dealer and see about sourcing a ST for purchase this week.

is it possible to get these things for 200 under invoice?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
well my track day ended after one run group because my pcv system sucking up oil. May call the dealer and see about sourcing a ST for purchase this week.

is it possible to get these things for 200 under invoice?
Not sure. But there is $1500 in rebates or $500+0% interest. I got mine at invoice plus rebates

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #14
I would be going for the 0% + 500 then another 500 for the active military discount. if I can get it for invoice that would be fine but I will walk away from anything above invoice. I don't need to buy a car. its right at the end of the month now though so I am not sure if I can get the deal done that fast since they have to get the car from a different dealer. I'm wondering if I can make a deal and still have the car delivered after the first. If I make a deal tomorrow and the rebates change I am either protected or can cancel the deal and do it again for better rebate perhaps if I play my cards right.

Welcome! You've got the right plan going into the purchase. Use the power to walk away.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #17
if the dealer today cannot make me a decent enough deal then I will drive to the dealer that actually has the car tomorrow and bring it home earlier. on the last days of the month in the slowest part of the week I will not pay over invoice. I'm aiming for 150 below invoice before incentives are applied. I will be willing to take invoice though.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #18
At dealer now. Offering 21606 + fees for a performance blue with recaros and 0% interest

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #20
Ok final numbers. once they realized I came armed they pulled out the invoice and we went over it line by line. a few of my numbers were off so I ended up paying invoice price less the 1000 in incentives and got 0% financing. I was willing to do it at strait invoice because they need to hire a car transporter to go get the car and bring it back to the dealership from 60 miles away. They have professionals do it not lot lizards. after all the fees and taxes it comes to 24633.68 OTD with 0% for 60 months