Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new forum member Seriously considering a Fiesta ST

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #41
Yea they took a perfectly good car and slapped nearly 2k of dealer mods on it with the stripe, tint, and lowjack. Its a dumb ploy to make more money on the back end of the deal. Now I have to think about if I want to wait for another one to show up in the area or if I should go ahead and order one. Looking at the local dealer inventory's on the website I do not see that many with just recaro's so I may need to buckle down and order a car.

Ordering sucks cause it takes forever but atleast you get exactly what you want if you don't mind the wait. Don't let the dealer fool you and say it will take 6-8 weeks like they all seem to do expect 12-16 week wait.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #43
thanks for the truth. I guess I will just watch the regional dealer inventory and see. There is one in Phoenix AZ but I think they would charge me more to transport that one since its almost 5 hours away. not sure my wife would be cool with driving that far to get it.

Ahh that's not bad a little mini road trip. Do it over I would have I ordered mine sat jan 24th suppose to be here May 9th.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #45
I'm going to keep my eyes on the inventory site and see what pops up. I saw a blue with the painted wheels and navigation that I may go for. I was trying to save money and get one without a 800 dollar option that I did not want but the reality is that most of the cars with recaro's have one or the other nav or moon roof and I would prefer nav if I had to choose because it adds no weight and maintains chassis rigidity. going to give it a few weeks to see if anything comes up. The new incentives for April drops the 500 with 0% but retain 1500 if you do the non 0% deal which would actually cost less so no harm there just take the 1.9% since I will pay the car off at least a year early anyway

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #46
waiting for a call in the morning from the dealer to see if they can get me a car tomorrow. Otherwise hopefully at least they can do the trade and I can pick it up next saturday.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #47
The Next development in my quest for a FiST. The dealer called me this morning to tell me the car I asked them to look into for me is still on the train. They are going to try to divert it strait to the dealership for me.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
The Next development in my quest for a FiST. The dealer called me this morning to tell me the car I asked them to look into for me is still on the train. They are going to try to divert it strait to the dealership for me.
Goodluck man..hope you get it.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #49
Silly to have committed yourself to buying a car then not being able to actually buy it

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #50
Finally picking up my new ST Thursday! Performance blue with Recaro seats, moon roof, and premium wheels. Very exited

Nice! I usually hate having the moon roof for your reasons plus the loss of headroom but in this car, it doesn't seem to make much difference. I would rather have it than the nav because it really seems to slow the Sync down and having a laggy stereo drives me absolutely bat shit crazy (ahem, my Explorer).

What are the premium wheels?

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #52
Painted grey and red brake calipers. After looking at lots of pictures I felt they added greatly to the ascetic. Granted i will probably replace them with 15's so i can fit better tires once the stockers wear out

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #53
At the dealer now picking it up! First new car! It took a lot to get me out of my Miata but the FiST was the right car at the right time

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats again, glad everything went without a hitch this time.

MOFiST

Welcome to the family. That avatar looks familiar. Any relation to [MENTION=282]BlueBomber[/MENTION]

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Surprisingly no

I had to change mine cos i saw his posts and i was like wtf that sounds like me but i dont remember saying that lol

So he is my norcal counterpart hahaha

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #59
Yes it is just chance. We both seem to have had the same idea. Took a few days for me to notice but by then I was attached to my avatar. Still working on my E-tank Keychain.