Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Intake with big sound!

Finally got to start the install on my 2JRacing intake this past weekend.

Install was a slight inconvenience without instruction (I didn't use the internet) but I was able to get it sorted.

Car is stored and off the road while I upgrade and modify so all I have done is idle it on jack stands and the sound is beautiful. It truly sounds like a tuner car now which I find awesome.

Anyone been running this intake long term? Any insight and maintaining I should take into account?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Burnsy895
Thread Starter #3
PM me when you wife says its gotta go.
Hahaha don't think I gotta worry. I have a daily to take places when needed and she's pretty cool when it comes to cars and stuff like that, if she says it's gotta go I think it may be time for her to go

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Yeah as much as I like this intake I feel it would get annoying after a month or two.

OP
Burnsy895
Thread Starter #6
It's been a couple of months. How's living with the 2JR?
I'm in the wonderful country of Canada and the car is nicely tucked away in the garage as I finish bolting up the rest of the parts.

So no real day to day with it yet. Hopefully end of March mid April I will be driving it and can give good feedback

SrsBsns

I'm in the wonderful country of Canada and the car is nicely tucked away in the garage as I finish bolting up the rest of the parts.

So no real day to day with it yet. Hopefully end of March mid April I will be driving it and can give good feedback

Canada, eh? I'm so glad I'm living in San Diego now and don't have to worry about the snow.

Did you have to modify the cowl at all? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the pre-order on their website, but I want to be able to go back to stock if I don't like it... basically I want plug-n-play instead of having to hack anything up.

OP
Burnsy895
Thread Starter #8
Canada, eh? I'm so glad I'm living in San Diego now and don't have to worry about the snow.

Did you have to modify the cowl at all? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the pre-order on their website, but I want to be able to go back to stock if I don't like it... basically I want plug-n-play instead of having to hack anything up.
Cowl has to be cut a fair bit for install. If you want the option of going back you'll have to replace the cowl piece. Definitely buy the MAF extender harness if you want to retain stock capability.

Snow isn't usually bad but it's been so long that I am just sick of it and want to drive my car again lol

SrsBsns

Cowl has to be cut a fair bit for install. If you want the option of going back you'll have to replace the cowl piece. Definitely buy the MAF extender harness if you want to retain stock capability.

Snow isn't usually bad but it's been so long that I am just sick of it and want to drive my car again lol

You don't have any pictures of it do you? I'm debating, if I go that route, if I would want to pick up a stock cowl just in case.

Definitely agree on the MAF extender harness.

I used to live in Chicago and I would always put my M3 in the garage for the winters to protect it from the salt and snow. Here's to an early spring!