Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New intercooler and boost levels

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thecar will only produce as much boost as needed to hit its tq target.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thecar will only produce as much boost as needed to hit its tq target.
Unless the torque target is unreachable by base WGDC+Compensations+ErrorCorrections.

Then it would just produce as much boost as that allows.

OP
T
Thread Starter #46
Unless the torque target is unreachable by base WGDC+Compensations+ErrorCorrections.

Then it would just produce as much boost as that allows.
Now I'm Lost and scared, that doesn't sound good?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Yes. What I was describing isn't necessarily a bad thing if that's the strategy being used.

Plus it's always better to undershoot than overshoot.

OP
T
Thread Starter #49
Yes. What I was describing isn't necessarily a bad thing if that's the strategy being used.

Plus it's always better to undershoot than overshoot.
[ohcrap] I do notice that when charge temps are lower I will get up to 19.5 psi. But I live in south Florida and it's still 90* here. I have a 2j race downpipe coming tomorrow, see how much of a difference it makes!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So before I go buying all these mods for my car, is something that's common or doesn't happen really that often? I plan on going stage 2 in the spring and would like to know what I'm getting myself into before hand.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
So before I go buying all these mods for my car, is something that's common or doesn't happen really that often? I plan on going stage 2 in the spring and would like to know what I'm getting myself into before hand.
Damnt razorlab! You will be fine. Canned tunes are all the same. Just make sure you button down the hose clamps.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'll be having my mechanic install it I trust him to do everything properly. And I was just asking. I always like to ask just to make sure.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'll be having my mechanic install it I trust him to do everything properly. And I was just asking. I always like to ask just to make sure.
I hear you. I will be installing my Cobb FMIC tomorrow. I will post up my findings. I dont rely on boost numbers to tell me whats going on.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I hear you. I will be installing my Cobb FMIC tomorrow. I will post up my findings. I dont rely on boost numbers to tell me whats going on.
Sounds good. Post them in this thread if you don't mind. I'd like to see those.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Put your car in third gear and go WOT at around 1700 rpm. You should see max boost before 3200 rpm and still within most speed limits.

OP
T
Thread Starter #57
So installed my downpipe today
Cobb is showing two codes
Ecu. And
Po18d...

Help!

OP
T
Thread Starter #59
do you have an Accesport? and if you do what map is loaded? The Cobb Stage 3 map is designed to accommodate the downpipe.
No more codes. I forgot to plug a sensor back in lol thank you