Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member introduction needed?

This account is new, but I had a profile before with a similar name. Tried resetting my password for 3 weeks and got nothing. Gonna roll with this one now I guess. 15 FiST fbo stage 2. Trying to go stage 3 S280 single port by next year. Only crappy part is no E85 anywhere near me, so I’m limited to pump or leaded race gas(not ideal). Any other ideas on fuel? From my understanding, drums of E85 have to be used quickly once they’re opened.

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome back! Keep a cat on it and just use premium.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #4
Welcome back! Keep a cat on it and just use premium.
Ditching the cat was the best thing I’ve done so far. I gained 4mpg more just in town despite people saying it wouldn’t change anything. Car also pulls harder up top and doesn’t fall off so much. No it’s not my imagination or butt dyno either lol I’m an auto tech and I can tell subtle differences.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Ditching the cat was the best thing I’ve done so far. I gained 4mpg more just in town despite people saying it wouldn’t change anything. Car also pulls harder up top and doesn’t fall off so much. No it’s not my imagination or butt dyno either lol I’m an auto tech and I can tell subtle differences.
When I removed the main cat from my lotus and fabricated my own mandrel bent 2.5" stainless exhaust, I could immediately feel midrange and top end power. I'm guessing you feel the same. I never noticed a difference in MPG since I was always in the power after that. I loved ripping the tires off in second when the boost came up because it never did that before. Then there were the occasional boom pops out the exhaust on upshifts during the hot parts of summer.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #8
Sorry not sorry 🤷🏻‍♂
New AWR Racing RMM. Wanted a stiffer mount than the Cobb one I was running. Bracket was still off so everything was visible and I painted it and installed new hardware.

Attachments