Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V's Performance Blue ST

Finally got the exterior detailed and sealed with Opti-Coat, it looks incredible. Here is just a quick few shots of why I LOVE Performance Blue (Spirit Blue)

The color looks great and different from every angle.

More to come in the future for sure.

V

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very nice, did you do the application yourself?

OP
V
Thread Starter #7
Never heard of this opti coat, is it wax or something? Looks great
It is a ceramic clear-coat, all imperfections in the factory clear cost get corrected before application. It was about 5 hours of work from start to finish. Should last 1-2 years and washes with ease. The shop I used did a Maserati day before and a lot of teslas as of late. I was probably the cheapest car they have done, that's ok it looks so good in person and is beyond smooth.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
It is a ceramic clear-coat, all imperfections in the factory clear cost get corrected before application. It was about 5 hours of work from start to finish. Should last 1-2 years and washes with ease. The shop I used did a Maserati day before and a lot of teslas as of late. I was probably the cheapest car they have done, that's ok it looks so good in person and is beyond smooth.
Wow that's awesome. You said it cost 6, as in $600?

OP
V
Thread Starter #9
Yeah, shopped around everywhere was about the same price. The paint is flawless now, totally worth it IMO if you want your car to look sharp.

OP
V
Thread Starter #14
Updated the pics, sadly it snowed again today so the car is already filthy.

The $600 is a good price for a detail and opticoat. My fiance details cars as a weekend job so she doesn't have shop-overhead and usually charges ~$400 for a wash/clay/polish(paint correction & swirl removal)/opticoat. I can't wait to get mine done soon.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I watched some treatment videos on youtube and it doesn't look easy. $600 is worth it to have some one professionally do it right.

Updated the pics, sadly it snowed again today so the car is already filthy.
Beautiful pics man. I feel your pain about the snow. It was just enough of a coating to dirty everything up around here including most important of all my car.[xx(]

-ry

OP
V
Thread Starter #18
Thanks all! The shop (chicago auto pros) was pretty great and texted me pics during the cars overnight stay, couldn't recommend them enough.

Oh and that's an old garbage dump converted to a "park" in the background. Sadly nothing very scenic around for a nice backdrop.