Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*New Part* Higher High Pressure Fuel Pump now available

koozy

3000 Post Club
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-EcoBoost-Bosch-MotorSport-HFHP-Fuel-Pump-200-Bar_17597.jsp

Bosch MotorSport High Pressure Fuel Pump 220 Bar - Pumaspeed
Genuine Bosch Motorsport Component
Direct bolt on but pipework will need to be changed to suit application
200-220 Bar Operating window without extra pump tappet load

At Last a high flow high pressure fuel pump for the EcoBoost motors.
This unit is a direct bolt on to the engine for all ecoboost engine and uses the same lift from the camshaft drive to give an operating pressure of over 200 bar without extra load on the tappet.

The Maximum fuel pressure the Ford stock ecoboost pump can create is around 180 Bar but at over 165 bar the load on the camshaft tappet is far too high and this leads to premature wear and eventual lack of fuel pressure and therefore power.
If your mapping does not take account for this lack of pressure you will damage the engine.

This Motorsport Pump will create over 200 bar without any extra load on the tappet.

The exit and entry ports may need small alterations to the conection pipes to affect installation on the EcoBoost engine of your choice.

pwnall1337

Vendor
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION]

I went ahead and added it the site for you guys. There's not much wiggle room on price on the pumaspeed side, however you avoid foreign currency transaction fees and border fees.

http://pwnallperformance.com/bosch-motorsport-uprated-hpfp-200-bar.html

If you pair it with bosch +30% flow injectors it's around $2597. I'd imagined when combined with the bosch injectors you'd have enough fuel for at least 400whp on e30. Great thing about upgrading DI is switching fuels on the fly and having your fuel trims within 5% margin.

If you're vehicle has 50k+ miles on it, consider it an upgrade on the wearing oem hpfp and injectors.

Holy duck $1600? Out of your mind. Auxiliary is definitely the better route..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I was like : finally!

But then I was like: WHAT THE FUCK it's the price of a fucking turbo!

I don't know much about fuel pump, but what the hell? The OEM fuel pump is about 300$ on pumaspeed. How can an upgraded fuel pump can be 1700$? That's over 5 times the price. Hopefully the price will go down eventually or someone else will compete.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bummer about the price. At least with Aux fuel, you can also justify it by saving $500 every 50K miles on intake valve cleaning. No such benefit here.

Auxillary is a lot more involved in installing and tuning. This is much easier and overall is less moving parts to fail. No fuel distribution issues like the TBI aux. For the price of a 4 port, I'd rather do this.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Can this pump fully support E85? Not E30 or E50. Full E85. That ranges from E80-E95. What engines does it work with? Eco 1.5? Eco 1.6? Eco 2.0? Eco new 2.0? Eco 2.7? Eco 3.0? Eco 3.5?

pwnall1337

Vendor
Can this pump fully support E85? Not E30 or E50. Full E85. That ranges from E80-E95. What engines does it work with? Eco 1.5? Eco 1.6? Eco 2.0? Eco new 2.0? Eco 2.7? Eco 3.0? Eco 3.5?
Pumaspeed claims the injectors flow 30% more on the oem hpfp which are only $850, however I haven't done independent testing on these. I have them on my site, but nobody has tried them yet here in the USA.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
For the price, 4-port is still king. On a 1.6L engine youā€™re still going to be octane limited on 93... Go ahead and throw bigger injectors on it, a bigger HPFP and even an in tank...youā€™re still going to be limited around 320whp.

Iā€™d need to sit down and do the math, but even with this HPFP, on full E85, you probably still wonā€™t make beyond 350whp before you have to upgrade the in-tank... I think youā€™d be lucky to make it to 400whp after that.

Instead, you could spend $1200 on 4-port and mix to E50 and make 450whp.

I mean, itā€™s a nice option for people who want to keep a ā€œstockishā€ look. But, the tuning and the install and the cost vs payoff is all pretty involved when compared to 4-port (or even TBI).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
If the new pump and injectors were sorted out by tuners and met my needs I'd be on board. They offer a cleaner install and works within the car's ECU failsafe measures.

4 port injection is not an option for me. There's no way I can hide it, it's kinda in your face. My car would not pass CA Smog Inspection and potential road side inspection by law enforcement. I've already had that experience with having to pop the hood and getting busted for a CP-E intake. The experience was a PITA and I'd like to avoid as much as possible http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3074-koozy-s-ST?p=177708&viewfull=1#post177708

I already have the single port aux fuel and intend to try to pass CA Smog with it on along with the whole DHM turbo kit on the car, as I've made it look quite OE and may be lucky, we will see when the time comes. What I don't like about the port injection options are the less then elegant wire taps (wish they made it plug and play) and no built-in failsafe since it's a stand alone from the onboard ECU. I'm not willing to add another piece of hardware like the Guardian Angel.

What I do like about the port injection options are the intake/valve cleaning potential that they offer.

pwnall1337

Vendor
If the new pump and injectors were sorted out by tuners and met my needs I'd be on board. They offer a cleaner install and works within the car's ECU failsafe measures.

4 port injection is not an option for me. There's no way I can hide it, it's kinda in your face. My car would not pass CA Smog Inspection and potential road side inspection by law enforcement. I've already had that experience with having to pop the hood and getting busted for a CP-E intake. The experience was a PITA and I'd like to avoid as much as possible http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3074-koozy-s-ST?p=177708&viewfull=1#post177708

I already have the single port aux fuel and intend to try to pass CA Smog with it on along with the whole DHM turbo kit on the car, as I've made it look quite OE and may be lucky, we will see when the time comes. What I don't like about the port injection options are the less then elegant wire taps (wish they made it plug and play) and no built-in failsafe since it's a stand alone from the onboard ECU. I'm not willing to add another piece of hardware like the Guardian Angel.

What I do like about the port injection options are the intake/valve cleaning potential that they offer.
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] I'd like to see someone give the injectors a try if you'd be interested. Alex from stratified told me he can tune them, but we're both skeptical if you'll gain a 30% fuel overhead capacity or not since the bottleneck is the HPFP. For testing purposes I can get you a set near my cost on them.

I'm tempted to try this out to see if I can run full E85 on the X47R. I'm not sure about the install says small alterations may or may not be necessary. [scratch]

That's why you hardwire it in sir. No posi taps seen then.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
[MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION] I'd like to see someone give the injectors a try if you'd be interested. Alex from stratified told me he can tune them, but we're both skeptical if you'll gain a 30% fuel overhead capacity or not since the bottleneck is the HPFP. For testing purposes I can get you a set near my cost on them.
Thanks, but not interested in being the guinea pig and if I were to go this route I'd opt for both the higher flow injectors and HF fuel pump if they were proven effective.

That's why you hardwire it in sir. No posi taps seen then.
yeah, not an option for me. not going to hack my OE wire harness. I'm hoping [MENTION=1907]VirtualRonin[/MENTION] will get aux fuel sooner than later and make a plug and play harness. [pray]

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thanks, but not interested in being the guinea pig and if I were to go this route I'd opt for both the higher flow injectors and HF fuel pump if they were proven effective.

yeah, not an option for me. not going to hack my OE wire harness. I'm hoping [MENTION=1907]VirtualRonin[/MENTION] will get aux fuel sooner than later and make a plug and play harness. [pray]
The hpfp upgrade will work for sure, it's the injectors w/o the pump upgrade that remains in question.