Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

* NEW PRODUCT* 11-18 Fiesta ST UPGRADED Alternator Pulley. (Quick Acceleration) Thoughts/ Suggestions

When people install these please let us know your thoughts on the difference. I'm very curious and interested, just slightly hesitant.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #23
I understand a lot of people would be and will be hesitant in this mod....I have had this on my vehicle for a full two weeks with multiple 100+ mile trips and I have not had any issues. But as soon as someone takes that leap of faith, they can report back and confirm what I said.

Will we loose out on top speed with this mod similar to how you gain acceleration in trade for a lower top speed when you swap the final drive?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Will we loose out on top speed with this mod similar to how you gain acceleration in trade for a lower top speed when you swap the final drive?
Ah no this has nothing to do with your gearing . It just effects how fast your engine revs up or down and possible parasatic drag which coudl rob some hp.

TemecFist

I replaced the alt pulley on my car, and the voltage dropped, and the battery light stayed on.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #27
Correct...@Mr.PowPow.... You are talking about transmission gearing and drive ratios. People will also argue that newer engines do not cause parasitic drag anymore, I disagree with this about 50% the A/C and the alternator ( to an extent) cause parasitic loss due to having a clutched pulley. If you have never read about a clutched pulley check out youtube.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Correct...@Mr.PowPow.... You are talking about transmission gearing and drive ratios. People will also argue that newer engines do not cause parasitic drag anymore, I disagree with this about 50% the A/C and the alternator ( to an extent) cause parasitic loss due to having a clutched pulley. If you have never read about a clutched pulley check out youtube.
Ah excuse me, you will not lose top speed with your pulley it will change how fast your engine revs up or down and possibly regain some hp from parasitic drag. It will not effect your top speed at all.

If you think you feel that you are imagining things.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #29
If someone is willing to write a honest no bullshit review on the pulley, I will sell one for half off what I am asking ($45)....But you have to give it a full week like I said and write your honest opinion on the pulley. Just to ease everyones mind, Everyone is hesitant and I understand 100%.

jeff

2000 Post Club
If someone is willing to write a honest no bullshit review on the pulley, I will sell one for half off what I am asking ($45)....But you have to give it a full week like I said and write your honest opinion on the pulley. Just to ease everyones mind, Everyone is hesitant and I understand 100%.
I was the test dummy on the water pump pulley, I might take you up on that. Let me think I’ve got a lot going on in the next week.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #32
@MrPowPow....I need someone that can keep a open mind about it. You are already skeptical and your not very knowledgeable (just from the comments)...No offense, I just need someone that knows the difference once the pulley is installed.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #33
@jeff....Just let me know, if you already have the water pump pulley, you will definitely notice a difference with two over sized pulleys. It’s your call....

jeff

2000 Post Club
Here's the thing...I'd be willing to try this out and be the tester maybe if it was free. For a $40 savings it's not worth it to me to take a product from an unknown person that has very limited testing and put it on my car. I am sure it is a fine product but in order to be the guinea pig IMHO it should be worth it to you to give one out in exchange for the trust required and the promise of a good review. I've done multiple reviews on the forum here and have a decent youtube channel that also pulls in some traffic...I'd be willing to be the free tester but for $40 more it's worth it to me to wait and watch someone else experiment with this and then get one later. If it was free that would be another story.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #37
@jeff.....I undersatand, I watched your youtube channel. I have a few people to test it out. As you know (Because you have the puma speed water pump pulley) its the same concept. Its a overdrive pulley so there will be a noticeable difference but like I said in the OP its not a HUGE change but noticeable!

jeff

2000 Post Club
@jeff.....I undersatand, I watched your youtube channel. I have a few people to test it out. As you know (Because you have the puma speed water pump pulley) its the same concept. Its a overdrive pulley so there will be a noticeable difference but like I said in the OP its not a HUGE change but noticeable!
Cool

I’ll watch the reviews and grab one in a bit after it becomes all the rage

Thanks for making parts for our cars

Holler at me in the future if you need testers I do decent reviews

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #39
Im not a big company like puma is....Im only making a $35 profit after I buy the pulley and the machine work is done. And im not trying to profit off these just offer something to the community that everyone can benefit from and have fun. Im in the military so I can't go out and open up a shop, I still owe the government 5 more years of my life so these is really just a hobby for me.

OP
HBST51
Thread Starter #40
I totally understand....these guys texting them will give there honest opinion and that's really all I ask is to be 100% about the product. So....We will see.