Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to me T015 FiSt

Congrats and welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Make sure to check out Ron @ Whoosh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Four colder NGK spark plugs, an Accessport, and an intercooler are the three best bang for your buck mods. I'd grab the NGK spark plugs before you flash a new tune. OEM plugs have a hot heat range. Aftermarket radiators are very popular here, but you should be fine with a cold climate.

For this platform, an aftermarket downpipe does not do anything on the stock turbo. So, if you want a different sound just get a catback of your choice and keep the emissions equipment intact. The OEM intake is actually really good, draws cold air from the front bumper. However, a lot of people have replaced the "crossover" pipe with a larger diameter unit. It necks down to like 2"; it was the major restriction in the OEM intake when I was tested it. If you want intake sounds from the stock airbox on the cheap, drill holes in the bottom of it. Replacing the filter element is good as well.

If I was doing a budget baller setup from the beginning? As an example with the parts on the market today, I'd do: Hybrid turboswap + Turbosmart 14 psi Wastegate & Turbosmart BOV of choice, a turbo inlet pipe, intake crossover pipe, some intercooler, x4 NGK spark plugs, and an Accessport from someone. That would cost about $3000 freedom dollars and net you around +100 HP, +100 TQ on the dyno. Much more gains available if you do the exhaust or put a CPE 3" or Mishimoto 3" full intake that feeds from the OEM cold air location.

OEM fueling is limited to around 310-320 wheel HP, FYI. I wouldn't do anything past that; it gets really expensive, very quickly. OEM pistons get sketchy past around 365 wheel HP (so above 400 crank HP).

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #9
Hey Xaendeau, this is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. With the stock downpipe would a full 3" cat back exhaust actually help at all? Nebie question: Why is it called a "hybrid" turbo? Would the Whoosh Hybrid Turbo be a good option? I live in Canada so the 3" MBRP exhaust is a lot less expensive than anything else for as they are made here. Good choice? What's your opinion on the Whoosh catless down pipe? Thanks for this info because it's exactly what I'm looking for and right in the budget. I have a Cummins diesel that has been modded and a lot of the farkles that people buy have very little effect. I only want to buy things that actually make a noticable difference and I don't care much what color they are or if they are pretty...only that they work.

Hey Xaendeau, this is exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. With the stock downpipe would a full 3" cat back exhaust actually help at all? Nebie question: Why is it called a "hybrid" turbo? Would the Whoosh Hybrid Turbo be a good option? I live in Canada so the 3" MBRP exhaust is a lot less expensive than anything else for as they are made here. Good choice? What's your opinion on the Whoosh catless down pipe? Thanks for this info because it's exactly what I'm looking for and right in the budget. I have a Cummins diesel that has been modded and a lot of the farkles that people buy have very little effect. I only want to buy things that actually make a noticable difference and I don't care much what color they are or if they are pretty...only that they work.
I can tell your right now I have Trac Spec Hybrid turbo with the MBRP catback, only differences is that I have a catted downpipe from whoosh and it’s amazing. The car is plenty loud enough, full of torque and sensitive throttle response. The car just keeps pulling and keeps wanting to go more.

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #11
What's the difference between the Whoosh Trac Spec Hybrid turbo and the other one for $200.00 difference? Do any internal engine parts need to be upgraded with the Whoosh Hybrid turbo

What's the difference between the Whoosh Trac Spec Hybrid turbo and the other one for $200.00 difference? Do any internal engine parts need to be upgraded with the Whoosh Hybrid turbo
Well the Trac Spec comes ceramic coded (withstand high temps) and your choice of color. I simply decided all black. I decided if I’m going to buy a turbo, id rather do it right the first time. As for enteral parts, no. A drop in air filter will be fine, a dp (catted or not), catback (some say you don’t need it), front mount intercooler, upgrade the waste gate and I personally picked the gfb diverter valve. All wrapped around a tune from Dizzytuned. If you pick the turbo from whoosh, there will be a drop down list of what you need and a small description on what is recommended.

Essentially, "hybrid" turbos are OEM turbos machined out to accept much larger internal guts (compressor, bearing, and turbine). For the extra $$$ for coatings on the turbo, you could simply put a turbo blanket on the hot side and it would have the same effect as the coating. It reduces underhood temps and by keeping the heat inside the exhaust gasses you make a hair more power. It is mostly for cooling purposes but people with large turbos see pretty noticable power effects. I believe on a hybrid sized Fiesta turbo, you might see like 1-3 HP.

I would assume most people think the extra few bucks to coat the turbo probably wouldn't be worth it at these power levels, but I could be wrong.

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #14
So I just picked up my car and had a 510 mile drive to bring it home...I couldn't stop smiling. What an awesome little car....even stock it's a rocket! Can't wait to get started on the mods!!! Looking like the Hybrid turbo, Intercooler, the access port and RMM for starters!

Also, the 3" MRBP Exhaust has almost no muffling. It is basically a cheap straight pipe. It is loud and drones, but pretty cheap. The aluminzed version of the exhaust (any exhaust really) will not take to salted roads well.

I'd look to get a 304 stainless steel catback and pay in the range of $500 to $850. Tastes in exhaust are like politics and religion. Everyone has a different idea of what is ideal, you are going to have to do a bit of research.

I don't want stupid loud, just good flow...what is your preference?
I've heard good things about Thermal R&D as well. I picked up a 2.5" FSWERKS exhaust because I wanted something a little quieter and stealthy. I'm running a 2.5" exhaust with a cat on my turbo so I'm giving up some power but it isn't much.