Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No drifting/handbrake turn

URGENT. HAS anyone figured out how to e brake drift this car. May seem juvenile but hey it's important. The handbrake seems way too weak and I've been trying for a while. My friend with a brz showed me his and the handbrake was way stronger. Has anyone been able to do this?

TheStig

Wowzers... your friends BRZ is also rear wheel drive. These cars cook brakes as is, i HIGHLY suggest you DONT do that. Very possible to warp your rear rotors and/or damage other parts.

Personally its much funner to drift it by flinging it way too fast into a corner, rear end will step right out especially if you lift off the throttle.

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #3
So u highly suggest I don't handbrake drift a hot hatchback? May I show u the target market for this car. Rear wheel drive has nothing to do with e brake drifting

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
[MENTION=3124]SloCal[/MENTION], For what ever reason, most drift cars are fitted with a set of additional hydraulic calipers on the rear rotors.
An additional master cylinder with handle is then mounted.

As you have found out, the normal E-Brake is not strong enough to perform this task unless you are going too fast on a wet surface.
Many of us here were taught some of these skills at the Octane Academy.

Yes, these can be fun stunts to perform at an appropriate venue.
However they can be very dangerous on regular streets.

Dave

XuperXero

How old are you guys? I haven't done this shit since high school.

The biggest shock I've read in all my years on the forum "lift off oversteer is lame". Really bro really?

<--- 8 years of drifting experience with some on competition level.

Alrighty.
To start off, e brake drifting is something that Fast and Furious made popular. Which is never the way pro drivers actually drift unless it's rallying and then they have hydraulic e brakes for that (Ken Block). But, even then he only uses that trick a little. So, most get a RWD because they can spin those tires and slide the car. Doesn't necessarily work that way for a FWD. Not saying it's impossible, just a lot more challenging. And to boot, doing this will wreck your e brake and potentially more. Your buddy with the BRZ is going to have a really expensive bill. Don't know why when he has a RWD.

That said, if you really want to e brake drift your car, it's your car. youre going to need to go into a turn with a little speed and then pull it. Just a little! And either way you're going to have to use the 'lame' throttle to maintain it. Orrrrrrrrrrr, you put a pair of crappy tires on the rear (or all around). You could even put on drifting slicks.

And the REAL way it's done, is by maintaining a speed of let's say 30 in a circle just to start, pushing in the clutch to let the engine rev high and then releasing it fast and let the car slide.

LT Berzerker

^and upsetting the balance of the car, even rally drivers don't specially rely on thier e brake... Unless it's a hairpin

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
URGENT. HAS anyone figured out how to e brake drift this car. May seem juvenile but hey it's important. The handbrake seems way too weak and I've been trying for a while. My friend with a brz showed me his and the handbrake was way stronger. Has anyone been able to do this?
Need to beat Takumi in Mount Akina later?