Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nostrum High Performance HPFP for Fiesta ST!

Good morning folks! Nostrum High Performance has released a new high pressure fuel pump for our wonderful little cars. Mine got delivered on Thursday. Install was a breeze and everything fit up very well. I am two days into driving it and it works perfect so far! I had a full tank of e30 and Adam at tune plus wanted to switch to e50 so I had to drive about half a tank of it out to fill back up with E, equaling out to about e50. I will post further experiences once we get into a little bit of power! Previously, the fuel system was stock aside from a set of bosch 30% injectors, s280 turbo, and all the other usual bolt ons. Based off of vdyno, dragy, and actual drag strip runs, I believe it made in the 340-345whp range. Hoping to tickle that 400whp mark soon! Attached the install guide for anyone that has any questions.

Pump can be purchased here!

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...l-pump-2014-2019-fiesta-st-1-6l-free-shipping

Attachments

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
We don’t need to upgrade the injectors or LPFP to install this?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We don’t need to upgrade the injectors or LPFP to install this?
Wesley's fuel upgrades were done in stages
S280 on stock fuel system
then added the 30% injectors
now 30% + Nostrum HPFP
most that need the LPFP upgrade see a pressure drop with a high boost / big turbo in the upper rpm's. He's tuning this current setup on e50 now, if his car sees low pressure side drop we'll add that next
I don't think he will though on the S280. If he had something a bit larger like a 2860/2867 or G-Series then he most likely would need the LPFP upgrade. Or when he has our new manifold coming out with the S290 bolted to it :p

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
now 30% + Nostrum HPFP
most that need the LPFP upgrade see a pressure drop with a high boost / big turbo in the upper rpm's. He's tuning this current setup on e50 now, if his car sees low pressure side drop we'll add that next
I don't think he will though on the S280. If he had something a bit larger like a 2860/2867 or G-Series then he most likely would need the LPFP upgrade. Or when he has our new manifold coming out with the S290 bolted to it :p
I guess my question is, is there a benefit to running an upgraded HPFP with no other fuel modifications, or do they really need to be paired with upgraded injectors to see a benefit?

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #6
I guess my question is, is there a benefit to running an upgraded HPFP with no other fuel modifications, or do they really need to be paired with upgraded injectors to see a benefit?
The injectors are the first limitation, so I don't believe there would be much benefit without doing the injectors first. It would be interesting to see though!

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #7
now 30% + Nostrum HPFP
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh :oops::eek:

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #9
What are you guys doing to prevent the block from failing when pushed over 350whp consistently? Which clutch are you using over 350whp?
Both are still OEM and performing just fine, the stock engine will last a long time at 350-375, when you get in the 375-400whp range it gets dicey. Not much we can do at that point besides cross our fingers. Will be upgrading the clutch sometime soon.

You beat me to it. I have mine sitting on my desk waiting for install. Unfortunately a truck hit me pretty good in a parking lot a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for insurance to get my car back to me.

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #11
You beat me to it. I have mine sitting on my desk waiting for install. Unfortunately a truck hit me pretty good in a parking lot a couple weeks ago and have been waiting for insurance to get my car back to me.
That's unfortunate! Hopeful for a speedy repair!

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #13
Hello :D

I just ordered the HPFP Nostrum and I wanted to ask you why did you prefer the nostrum to the XDI? :)
Not really a matter of preference as there wasn't any out in the wild yet, I had the first one shipped out to any customers and have been working on tuning with Adam at Tune+. So far it is a really nice, quality part!

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #14
Letting the guys at Nostrum look at some data logs, we are having a fuel pressure drop around 6500rpm causing AFR to go a tad lean which is not desirable. Currently around 370whp and 340wtq. Making around 29psi on an s280. If they can get it figured out we will continue to turn it up!

This sounds great! Sitting in South Africa at the moment and having some fueling issues. Also in need of some fuel pressure before we can tune further. Do you know at what pressure you are reaching? We are using BAR and currently peak should be around 180 Bar, but dropping down to 100 Bar at boost which is alot. From what I have read, the Nostrum should see 240 if need be? Is it recommended to do camshafts when fitting the HPFP?

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #16
This sounds great! Sitting in South Africa at the moment and having some fueling issues. Also in need of some fuel pressure before we can tune further. Do you know at what pressure you are reaching? We are using BAR and currently peak should be around 180 Bar, but dropping down to 100 Bar at boost which is alot. From what I have read, the Nostrum should see 240 if need be? Is it recommended to do camshafts when fitting the HPFP?
Camshaft should not need to be replaced. Do you have the nostrum pump as well?

Camshaft should not need to be replaced. Do you have the nostrum pump as well?
No just have the 30% injectors and running stock HPFP, but seems that I am getting a massive drop off. We just replacing with a new stock one to see if it is better. I am just checking what would be the best option. I am still stock internals and probably already pushing a bit, but the pump will allow us for a bit more headroom.

What issues are you experiencing at the moment, and do you have to change the voltage of the pump in order to work?

OP
MO15Fiesta
Thread Starter #20
No just have the 30% injectors and running stock HPFP, but seems that I am getting a massive drop off. We just replacing with a new stock one to see if it is better. I am just checking what would be the best option. I am still stock internals and probably already pushing a bit, but the pump will allow us for a bit more headroom.

What issues are you experiencing at the moment, and do you have to change the voltage of the pump in order to work?
Experiencing a pretty severe pressure drop around 6500RPM, it's not near as bad as the stock pump was, I will be surprised if you see any improvement with the new OEM pump. I don't believe voltage is a vital part of the HPFP operation, but I could be wrong.