Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil cooler/remote filter

This is something I want to do before the summer heat. Does anyone know if these things exist, or how to fab one up? I used to have a 1980 Z28 with a Pontiac 455 with 3 2's shoehorned in and the remote filter was the greatest thing evah...plus it adds volume.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Mocal thermostat sandwich plate, push on hoses with clamps for added security, oil cooler, done, not that difficult.

Remote filter not needed, just use stock location but with the plate installed.

Car comes with water to oil cooler, it can be left hooked up or bypassed or to save weight, easier filter change, room for a bigger filters, I have a way to remove it if you wish to know.

Also most if not off this is posted so please search:)

Mocal thermostat sandwich plate, push on hoses with clamps for added security, oil cooler, done, not that difficult.

Remote filter not needed, just use stock location but with the plate installed.

Car comes with water to oil cooler, it can be left hooked up or bypassed or to save weight, easier filter change, room for a bigger filters, I have a way to remove it if you wish to know.

Also most if not off this is posted so please search:)
Links to where this is discussed? I'd like to install an oil cooler with a t-stat plate.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
I want a remote filter because I dont like where mine is located. Its a pain to change the oil without making a mess and impossible to get the filter off without destroying it. Please share that info for easier removal because it a bitch with back problems like I have.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just started a new thread on this and will update it, add pics, etc...so we have it here for all to more easily find, I wanted one without mention of a remote filter as simply not needed, just more complexity, more to go wrong, more weight, more cost.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Cool cool. I look forward to seeing what youve done. Ive already learned alot from your threads.