Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil pressure during track days

Hey guys. In the past I had a c5 z06. And it was advised in the manual to add extra oil in it when going to the track to keep the car from oil starving during high G turns. Ie over the full mark. Do people do something similar for the fiestas? Or do they not have a problem with oil starving on track? I haven’t seen any post about it. Thanks

Last edited:
The few track days I've done I had no problems with just making sure it was properly topped up, but since these were novice open track, speeds were limited most of the time so seeing extremely high G loads in the corners wasn't a thing. There are a few threads in here from owners whom do some hardcore tracking with their Fiestas that might glean some more info.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
The few track days I've done I had no problems with just making sure it was properly topped up, but since these were novice open track, speeds were limited most of the time so seeing extremely high G loads in the corners wasn't a thing. There are a few threads in here from owners whom do some hardcore tracking with their Fiestas that might glean some more info.
Agree.

I haven't noticed any issues. As an insurance policy, you could look into the Mountune baffle: https://www.mountuneusa.com/1-6L-Ecoboost-Oil-Control-System-Fiesta-St-p/2364-oc-aa.htm Seems reasonably priced but you'd need a lift to install it

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. I should have specified I’m referring to overfilling the oil some.
Agree.

I haven't noticed any issues. As an insurance policy, you could look into the Mountune baffle: https://www.mountuneusa.com/1-6L-Ecoboost-Oil-Control-System-Fiesta-St-p/2364-oc-aa.htm Seems reasonably priced but you'd need a lift to install it
thanks I’ll check it out!