Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil temp and pressure (not a sandwich plate)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Has anyone installed an oil pressure or temp sensor without using an oil filter sandwich plate? THe plate add too much thickness and would require to only use the stock size oil filter.

That would be nice. The factory design is a pain to get to, and you can't help to make a mess when you pull the filter off. I've had cars in the past where the filter screws on from the bottom and like changing the oil on them.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

KKaWing

Ohh, maybe they can pull off a FA20 filter location mod where the sound symposer is supposed to go. Top down oil filter's ease of access FTW XD

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Any location would be easier. Guess after i;m out of the FL400s I try the 910 with the plate to see....

Siestarider

Any location would be easier. Guess after i;m out of the FL400s I try the 910 with the plate to see....
I am working on fitting a Hayden thermostatic sandwich plate in place of the stock oil cooler, although my goal is to fit an external oil cooler (found a thin one I believe I can fit behind stock radiator in the fan shroud where the "flaps" are located), I believe if I can find an adapter that works, a larger oil filter will easily fit.

Problem is I cannot find a fitting that will match engine block threads (do not know thread size, but RAAM posted in another thread its 3/4" and 16 threads/inch) and oil filter threads (supposed to be 3/4 x 16 also). Oil filter measures 16 threads/inch and 3/4" diameter, but something about threads is not working.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I am working on fitting a Hayden thermostatic sandwich plate in place of the stock oil cooler, although my goal is to fit an external oil cooler (found a thin one I believe I can fit behind stock radiator in the fan shroud where the "flaps" are located), I believe if I can find an adapter that works, a larger oil filter will easily fit.

Problem is I cannot find a fitting that will match engine block threads (do not know thread size, but RAAM posted in another thread its 3/4" and 16 threads/inch) and oil filter threads (supposed to be 3/4 x 16 also). Oil filter measures 16 threads/inch and 3/4" diameter, but something about threads is not working.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/tr...sTVodccQ8WP2fGcAyyEsMiDfbEzkRzSvZMaAi_r8P8HAQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siestarider

Thanks [MENTION=235]koozy[/MENTION], Summit lists the longest one at 1.25". The sandwich plate is about 1.4" thick. So I am figuring I need at least 2" long, maybe 2.25" long, to fix sandwich plate to block and leave enough to mount oil filter.

So still looking if you or anyone else has another idea.

Siestarider

It should work. That nipple combined with the oil filter adapter add the length required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, I see what you mean. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong filter adaptor, so I was trying to find one part to do both jobs. After some hours of internet search, I failed to find a 3/4 x 16 threaded fitting that is long enough. Plus, I found by accident that most brass fittings are not rated above 250 F, so maybe the steel combo approach is better anyway. I have recorded oil temps over 250 F during hard tracking.

One of the things our cars have that I am not used to is potential for an oil fire seems greater with turbo located where it is, would hate to have an oil leak turn my car into toast.

So I contacted Hayden, will see if I can get the correct oil filter nipple and then use the adapter you recommend. Thanks.

That would be nice. The factory design is a pain to get to, and you can't help to make a mess when you pull the filter off. I've had cars in the past where the filter screws on from the bottom and like changing the oil on them.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
It is at least better then the Nissan S Chassis, taking your filter off coats your subframe and motor mounts in oil. A relocation kit would be nice though.