Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0246

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, so I'm trying to figure this code out. It's never popped until I gave my fiesta a heart transplant so it's kind of hard to pin down. I just need some places to look. Check my profile for mods, it's a lot. The only thing I could think to do was reseat the cel defender. I will be checking cables leading to it today but just wanted to ask the crowd and get y'all's take on this.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The defender is for the BPV if and when it is deleted or if you don't have your tuner turn of the light instead . The Boost control solenoid blocks boost from getting to the wastegate actuator as it runs off Vacuum.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Hm, so is there a fuse that controls the solenoid

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Emission fuse #24 . Under the hood. ....just for Shits.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
If I do need to switch out the solenoids this shits expensive. They sure are proud of this.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Fuse is good bought a new solenoid from slopoke for way cheaper then dealer price and new. Hopefully it fixes my issue.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Yep I did. The wiring harness for the solenoid got caught in my belts and chewed up wires. I soldered the connections back together and taped them real good and made sure they were out of the way. Haven't had it pop since.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Yep. It didn't NEED soldered if you don't have a soldering iron. But it's added security.