Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0444 engine code.

Hello, new to the forum so hopefully this is in the right place. If not apologies in advance. Fitted a shirt shifter the past weekend. Got it in and put the car back together. Started it and had Engine Management Light on. Scanned and had P0444 code on show. Stripped car and seems I had forgotten to reconnect the two pin connector to the purge valve. Reconnected it. Car still showing code but now service light rather than management light. Car starts and runs although is lacking power after 3k revs.

Any help on what I can look at doing would be appreciated.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Try hitting the relearn ecu and clear codes button. It just messes with the learning of fuel trims it won't harm the car but it may just fix your issue. Otherwise your gonna have to drive it in limp mode (wrench light) until you can get a code to pop. How long did you drive it without the purge valve connected?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Try hitting the relearn ecu and clear codes button. It just messes with the learning of fuel trims it won't harm the car but it may just fix your issue. Otherwise your gonna have to drive it in limp mode (wrench light) until you can get a code to pop. How long did you drive it without the purge valve connected?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Hi, apologies for the slow delay. Only driven 10 minutes disconnected. I have a code of p0444 and as you stated the car is limp. I've got a new purge valve assembly coming and hoping this cures it. Where would I find the relearn ECU thing you've mentioned? Thanks.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Update and an end to this thread. In my case replacing the purge valve assembly has cured my issue. Cleared codes and took the car for a blast and all seems fine. No lights. No codes. Car pulls in all gears. Hopefully this helps if anyone else finds themselves in the same position I was.

Thanks.