Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P061a code?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
No check engine light but he led the ap and it showed a p061a code? Any idea? From what I've searched it's something to with tq?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Haven't seen p061a posted here, but a quick search showed there is a p061 limp mode if you ingested water or running the car hard while its still extremely cold.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
It's an A. Seems it has to do with the throttle and the PCM. Tq threshold. Didn't notice any difference in performance. Looks like the ECM is seeing a lot more tq then the it's logic is set for. Kinda like an overboost. Car never threw an engine light probally has to do with the accessport.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
With all your mods, are you running the Cobb stage 3 tune?

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Yup. It hasn't returned though.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
P061A - Internal Control Module Torque Performance

most likely hitting LSPI torque limits, or a verity of other torque limit tables. Send a log and your file to me and i can tell you.

Russ

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
P061A - Internal Control Module Torque Performance

most likely hitting LSPI torque limits, or a verity of other torque limit tables. Send a log and your file to me and i can tell you.

Russ
Took it out after a reset last night. It never returned. Really weird. Im running a OTS stage 3 cobb map. NO knock or anything. Its time for a custom tune plain and simple. What I can tell. The car is producing more Tq then it should and the Comp is stepping in. Makes sense as I was seeing 22.8psi the other night and not the usual 23 or so. Cold as balls. Thanks for the offer! What do you think caused it?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I've gotten P061a a couple of times during datalogging, no cel either.

me32

1000 Post Club
Took it out after a reset last night. It never returned. Really weird. Im running a OTS stage 3 cobb map. NO knock or anything. Its time for a custom tune plain and simple. What I can tell. The car is producing more Tq then it should and the Comp is stepping in. Makes sense as I was seeing 22.8psi the other night and not the usual 23 or so. Cold as balls. Thanks for the offer! What do you think caused it?
I thought you were getting retun with 101vp race gas

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I thought you were getting retun with 101vp race gas
I still am? Unless I wanna spend 100 or so wangs everyone I drive might be smart to get a 93 as well, no?

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Makes sense so whats the wait?
Cash right now and Cobb Plano is booked pretty hard from what I can tell. I called the other day and the guy said JAn was slammed.

Just got this code after installing the intercooler and the Velossa Tech ram intake. I've reset it but the code came back. The car appears to drive fine. Any pointers?

Just got this code after installing the intercooler and the Velossa Tech ram intake. I've reset it but the code came back. The car appears to drive fine. Any pointers?
I just got this code. Curious as to what you have done and experienced. I know the causes can be different triggers. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bringing this back to life... I got this code after running dizzy for a week, and after changing to 1 step colder plugs yesterday. I can feel like it brings the boost on sometimes more abruptly than the usual quick gradual kick. Any advice would be great.. thanks!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Bringing this back to life... I got this code after running dizzy for a week, and after changing to 1 step colder plugs yesterday. I can feel like it brings the boost on sometimes more abruptly than the usual quick gradual kick. Any advice would be great.. thanks!
I got that code once on my old Antspec tune with my S280. They explained it away as because Cobb.
I then got more codes in separate incident. Its basically your exceeding torque limits on Boost.
When I switched to Tuneplus and told Adam in an email about it he was like sounds like they did not get your Torque tables correct its a common tuner mistake. Now tuned with Tuneplus I have never seen that code again or any of the other ones and the car runs great and flies.
Jason aka Dizzy is good so I would definitely let him know it happened I am sure he can make corrections for it.

I got that code once on my old Antspec tune with my S280. They explained it away as because Cobb.
I then got more codes in separate incident. Its basically your exceeding torque limits on Boost.
When I switched to Tuneplus and told Adam in an email about it he was like sounds like they did not get your Torque tables correct its a common tuner mistake. Now tuned with Tuneplus I have never seen that code again or any of the other ones and the car runs great and flies.
Jason aka Dizzy is good so I would definitely let him know it happened I am sure he can make corrections for it.
Awesome! Thank you so much!