Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P144C on 2016 fiesta ST

I had the code come back on again. It takes exactly a week and then it shows back up. Mishimoto got back to me so I'm gonna see if they can help me figure it out.

OP
M
Thread Starter #23
Sorry it took a bit for an update. So I am now currently a week and a half light free and about 300 miles. When I installed the intake the hose clamp to the pcv valve itself I had very snug, I figured well lets see if I go tighter the worst that can happen is it breaks and hopefully mishi would replace it since I was emailing back and fourth trying to help with a resolution. (they have been great by the way). Since really cranking down on the hose clamp to the PCV I haven't had a light return. However, for me the light always came on at 3/4 tank of gas. I just filled so we will see what happens from here on I will post again soon. But all and all I have been CEL free for the longest time yet.

Sorry it took a bit for an update. So I am now currently a week and a half light free and about 300 miles. When I installed the intake the hose clamp to the pcv valve itself I had very snug, I figured well lets see if I go tighter the worst that can happen is it breaks and hopefully mishi would replace it since I was emailing back and fourth trying to help with a resolution. (they have been great by the way). Since really cranking down on the hose clamp to the PCV I haven't had a light return. However, for me the light always came on at 3/4 tank of gas. I just filled so we will see what happens from here on I will post again soon. But all and all I have been CEL free for the longest time yet.
Any chance you could throw a torque wrench on that clamp and let us know what "really cranking down" came out to? It'd be a huge help to all us folks with their induction hoses with the same adapter on the way.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I got mine as tight as possible with one hand using a 1/4" socket wrench. For what it's worth, I'm pretty positive it's way beyond what Mishimoto recommends for the torque spec on these clamps.

I got mine as tight as possible with one hand using a 1/4" socket wrench. For what it's worth, I'm pretty positive it's way beyond what Mishimoto recommends for the torque spec on these clamps.
That's why I'd love to know a real torque number. I've mostly seen 22 inch/pounds recommended by Mishimoto. If 30 or 40 makes the problem go away without crushing the shiny new toy, it'd be great to know. I'll feel like a moron if I break the thing on day one.

Also debating just using a liquid Teflon type sealant.

OP
M
Thread Starter #27
That's why I'd love to know a real torque number. I've mostly seen 22 inch/pounds recommended by Mishimoto. If 30 or 40 makes the problem go away without crushing the shiny new toy, it'd be great to know. I'll feel like a moron if I break the thing on day one.

Also debating just using a liquid Teflon type sealant.
Yea I can try to find my inchlbs torque wrench but just like offthewall said I went as tight as I could as well with a 1/4 ratchet. But tomorrow I will try. Getting wisdom teeth out so not sure when I'll want to go and do it but I will by Saturday night and I'll post

Yea I can try to find my inchlbs torque wrench but just like offthewall said I went as tight as I could as well with a 1/4 ratchet. But tomorrow I will try. Getting wisdom teeth out so not sure when I'll want to go and do it but I will by Saturday night and I'll post
No worries man, I won't be installing anything til next weekend. Been there, done that, and puked up a mouthful of bloody gauze (and puke) right in the middle of the dentist's lobby when I got mine pulled. Great times!

Just installed the induction hose with the 2016 adapter. I don't have the oil cap breather but I do have the Mishimoto OCC. I'll shout if it throws a code.

A7xogg

Threw a code a couple days ago also, pretty sure it's the same code since all I have is the mishmotto intake but I took it as an excuse to buy a Bluetooth obd2 adapter so I'm waiting on that to come in to see what the code is. I also checked my claims and stuff and the clamp for the pcv check valve was loose along with another clamp on the intake. 2016 has an evap system that is too cel sensitive. But man I have been loving the turbo noise with the intake

OP
M
Thread Starter #34
My 16 mishi intake is throwing a code non stop
Like I said in my previous replys un plug all the connectors and plug them back in just to ensure you put them all on to where they click, So this time you can hear each one click. But before plugging them in make sure all the orings on the inside look ok (I'm sure they are). Then the pcv set up they gave you has a few factory style crimp clams, 1 hose clamp and 2 click style factory fittings. That hose clamp when I installed I went as tight as I would any hose clamp. But for some reason that just isn't tight enough. Take a 1/4 ratchet only cuz you don't have something with crazy leverage and go tighter I'm now 2-3 weeks cel free and it would come on 2 days a after I cleared it before.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Put my intake hose on Friday, have the Diamond OCC. No codes but very little driving.

A7xogg

Went to look at intake today and noticed my air filter was looose, i tightened it up and adjusted it and went to go scan the code and the cel instantly went away. So if it comes back i know its something else till then, check all intake connections. fyi bafx odb2 bluetooth adapter with torque app works with 2016 fiesta st. Its worth the $20 to check codes and get all the technical info if ur untuned like me

So much for being trouble free. I just joined the party after about three days.

I guess I'll check everything over again.

OP
M
Thread Starter #40
so I'm a little frustrated. about 3 weeks cel free and of course this am on my way in light comes on for the same code p144c. Don't get how it would come on a day or 2 after cleared and now didn't for 3 weeks and comes on. So hopefully it goes somewhere through my emails with mishi. They have been very responsive and helpful and grateful for my willingness to email back and fourth and try things and email back. So lets see where this goes.