Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Part name?

I have seen other cars with it, but I can't seem to figure out what the heck it's called to even look it up. All of them I have seen are in carbon fiber (or plastic look-a-like). It's a piece that fits in the exhaust tip exit cut out area on the rear bumper while allowing the exhaust tips to protrude still. I have searched 'exhaust tip cover', exhaust tip shroud, rear bumper diffuser, and many others to no avail.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Take a picture of what your looking for so we can see what your talking about because it is like trying to teach Braille to a polar bear with that description. If it is what I think it is the only way is to buy a new muffler or go to an exhaust shop and get some welded on the muffler tips.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I believe you are reffering to Exhaust Bezels.
I have found them for the Focus ST but not the Fiesta.

I believe you are referring to the piece people put on their actual bumper to keep it from catching fire due to hot exhaust? Usually riveted to the area around the opening above the exhaust pipe, yes?

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #6
Ok, so I haven't seen one on a car driving around today. But if you look at the picture, I have highlighted the area in which the part would fit into. It's a carbon fiber piece that slots in to that area, still allowing for the exhaust tips to protrude, while filling in the dead space around them and the body work.

ford-fiesta-st-rears.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They sell exhaust tips/ Bezels at just about any parts store. If one of your's fell of you can get it welded by yourself or an exhaust shop for a couple bucks Or you can possibly get yourself a completely brand new exhaust and retire the old stocker and bring some life back into the FiST! The choice is yours!

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #8
They sell exhaust tips/ Bezels at just about any parts store. If one of your's fell of you can get it welded by yourself or an exhaust shop for a couple bucks Or you can possibly get yourself a completely brand new exhaust and retire the old stocker and bring some life back into the FiST! The choice is yours!
Fell off? Brand new exhaust? What are you talking about? I just installed a brand new Magnaflow system. I don't think we are on the same page. You are talking about something that goes onto, and connects directly to each one of the exhaust tips. That's not what I am talking about. The piece (singular) bolts onto the body work itself, directly into that area, and has nothing to do with attaching to the tips or any part of the exhaust itself. Picture in your mind, no exhaust tips in that area at all. Now fill the void space of the body work with a carbon fiber piece that now makes the right side look like the left side of the rear bumper. Now drill two holes, side by side, just big enough for the exhaust tips to stick out the rear end. That is the piece to which I am referring.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Better get to fabricating as there is no piece that fits in that area on the lower bumper valance.

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #10
I think Danger Mouse is correct. It's an exhaust tip heat shield. I am looking at pics online of just that for other cars. It's close but no cigar just yet. Maybe I do need to have one made....drat.