Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Part number for lower control arms

I ordered left and right lower control arm assemblies from Rock Auto. I got the Delphi ones instead of Motorcraft. When I went to install them, the hole for the bolt was too small (3.5mm too small to be exact). I checked Rock Auto again to be sure I got the right part. I did. So I checked the part number on the control arm I took off compared to the part number of the Motorcraft one on Rock Auto. They didn't match, so I started a refund and looked for the part elsewhere. Problem is, I can find this part on ebay, but neither Tasca nor Ford Parts Giant have the correct part. Instead, they both have the incorrect(?) part. What gives?

Old control arm says c1bc-3051-aa

Rock Auto, Tasca, and FPG say
C1BZ-3079-A

The ones I ordered didn't come with a new bolt or anything.

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #2
I should clarify. By "I can find this part on ebay" I mean I can find exactly one of them in the US. Every other one I have found is in Europe. This is what makes me wonder wtf is going on.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If you look at RockAuto in detail and compare the regular Fiesta to the Fiesta ST you will see the Delphi part is the same. This is definitely not correct.

If you look at the motorcraft part yes I know it's not the same part number you have but part numbers change on the regular. The part number is different for the Fiesta ST versus the regular Fiesta I would give it a try.

For the Fiesta ST I would only use motorcaft replacement parts most don't realize how different they actually are to the regular Fiesta.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
If you look at RockAuto in detail and compare the regular Fiesta to the Fiesta ST you will see the Delphi part is the same. This is definitely not correct.
Good catch, I didn't notice that. I'll try the Motorcraft part, thanks. Hopefully it fits.

the duke

Good catch, I didn't notice that. I'll try the Motorcraft part, thanks. Hopefully it fits.
Thing to note. If you have a pre 2016, any new parts might be the ST200 mid-model refresh they did on all Fiesta STs. I do not know if the arms changed, I never found a complete listing of what changed with the update. THere is a chance some geometry might be different, but I suspect at least the LCA/Frame bolts and hub bolts are the same, but the link ratios might be different.

Wondering if that motorcraft part fit, im in the same dilema and I want to make sure it’s the correct one before I order the wrong part again