Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pedal (spacer) advice?

Hey guys,

Wondering what my options are for pedals. I want throttle higher and slightly closer for heel toe breaking... I know spacers are common, but which ones do you like and why?

I'm also considering replacing throttle (it's a bit slippy in wet conditions) or adding some grip tape. Might even go for a full set of aftermarket (i.e. sparcos or ST logo/rubberized). Any recommendations here?

TYIA!

FWIW I'm 6ft, LONG ass legs, size 11 shoe.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
6'1" size 13 and no spacer needed for me. I just saw someone posted a used spacer though on one of the Fiesta Forums or FB forum pages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Super inexpensive solution to evaluate how thick you want it. 3/8" thrift store cutting board for a buck or three.

No thread extensions needed. Cut with jigsaw or hacksaw and drill two holes. DONE!

And you saved a ton of money...doesn't even need to be exact. Who f'n cares what it looks like...lol it works and it's solid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

https://garageline.com/2013-fiesta-st/240-garageline-2013-fiesta-st-accellerator-pedal-mount.html

This is what I have, and as far as I know it's one of few (or the only one) that both raises the pedal and also laterally. Very satisfied with it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
This is the one I have too and I love it. Makes a huge difference in pedal placement. Now I just roll my foot from the brake to blip the throttle and it's so easy.
It's not really heel-toe as much as it is left half-right half of my foot.

I wasn't really able to heel-toe at all with the stock pedal placement.

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #6
This is the one I have too and I love it. Makes a huge difference in pedal placement. Now I just roll my foot from the brake to blip the throttle and it's so easy.
It's not really heel-toe as much as it is left half-right half of my foot.

I wasn't really able to heel-toe at all with the stock pedal placement.
Right? More like pinky to big toe breaking 😅

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #7
Anyone have a tutorial for changing out the pedals? My feet have slipped off the standard pedals while wet. I was hoping it was just a few screws to swap the pedals. I’ve seen some nice sparco ones for ~$40 on Amazon

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Anyone have a tutorial for changing out the pedals? My feet have slipped off the standard pedals while wet. I was hoping it was just a few screws to swap the pedals. I’ve seen some nice sparco ones for ~$40 on Amazon
If you look at the Amazon review photos, it looks like someone unbolted the stock pedal and drilled/bolted this one in. I haven't looked at the stock pedal so can't say for sure. It's Woods so maybe you can PM him.

Screenshot_20211003-172822_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yeah that’s me. I was originally going to change all three faces but the throttle pedal was all I needed. I removed the OEM metal cap (it’s easiest if you remove the pedal from the car), put the pedal back in the car, put the new pedal face where I wanted it and marked two holes for the mounting bolts. It’s easier to do than you might think. I couldn’t use the spacers most guys buy. They’re extremely awkward on a track and actually caused my calf to cramp after long days. A wider throttle pedal face was the easiest solution. I still love it.

You can see the bolts in this pic. It’s been fine..
266A7E3C-F02E-4717-98CA-3CD2DB83968E.jpeg

Yeah that’s me. I was originally going to change all three faces but the throttle pedal was all I needed. I removed the OEM metal cap (it’s easiest if you remove the pedal from the car), put the pedal back in the car, put the new pedal face where I wanted it and marked two holes for the mounting bolts. It’s easier to do than you might think. I couldn’t use the spacers most guys buy. They’re extremely awkward on a track and actually caused my calf to cramp after long days. A wider throttle pedal face was the easiest solution. I still love it.

You can see the bolts in this pic. It’s been fine..
View attachment 43905
So is there drilling involved? For $47 I def wanna pull the trigger bc they look awesome. Was hoping it was just unscrew and rescrew as ignorant as that sounds.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
You have to drill two small holes through the plastic OEM pedal.