Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

People wanting to race

CanadianST

When i first got my FiST no one gave it a second look, mine was the first bought in Atlantic Canada so even the garage i take all my cars to for inspection asked why i sold my highly modded Mazda6 for a "girls car" no one had any idea what it was. Put the wheels on and could see the kids at the local car meet spots laughing at it while i drove by thinking it was just a normal Fiesta with wheels...Until i gave it a shot and they heard the turbo then they were just confused haha. Around the end of the summer though more and more people started giving me the thumbs up or mentioning they heard of the ST but this was the first one the've seen in person, the amount of people wanting to race me went up like crazy too though.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #44
I always find it comical when pickups want to race (unless it's a Lightning or something). Like, seriously dude? My little car will run circles around that thing. It's not even worth trying.

Azov

I haven't had anybody acknowledge my FiST. The yellow fogs give away that it's not stock, but it doesn't gather much attention.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nate, there are more than few turbo diesels here in the St Louis metro that run low 13s. I wouldn't mess with any I see on the streets.

I've played against my friend in his s2000 once from about 45ish... The torque of the Fiesta vs his s2000 helped me out there.

Otherwise, people think i'm just in a subcompact. I specifically bought silver to not stand out after having a light blue corvette. I don't think i'll ever put a catback exhaust on here unless I end up doing a stage 3 system or something... I enjoy the idea of being fairly incognito while I have my fun.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #48
Nate, there are more than few turbo diesels here in the St Louis metro that run low 13s. I wouldn't mess with any I see on the streets.
I was a bit general. We have some of those around here too, but they are never the ones that want to race. It's always guys in F-150s, Ram 1500s, and Z-71s that want to race.

Boro

I was a bit general. We have some of those around here too, but they are never the ones that want to race. It's always guys in F-150s, Ram 1500s, and Z-71s that want to race.
These are the trucks I mean too. There are several diesels around here that I'm sure are actually quite fast, but the ones that rev it up at the stoplight are just lift kits, offroad tires, blue halo lights and ROLLLLLL COALLLLLL YEEEEEOOOOOWW! [driving]

I've played against my friend in his s2000 once from about 45ish... The torque of the Fiesta vs his s2000 helped me out there.

Otherwise, people think i'm just in a subcompact. I specifically bought silver to not stand out after having a light blue corvette. I don't think i'll ever put a catback exhaust on here unless I end up doing a stage 3 system or something... I enjoy the idea of being fairly incognito while I have my fun.
I'm with you on that, I like being able to fly under the radar and still have fun. I won't put an exhaust on unless I have to, it's fun, quick, and fairly stealthy with the stock exhaust.

If I am not commuting and I come across a car I like, I'll try to coax them in using the BOV. Unfortunately, this unassuming car rarely gets noticed. So far I've only had a miata na, hundai genesis, and a TSX take the bait. 3/3 baby! (Genesis is a quick car though, I think he missed 2nd)

If only I could find a formidable opponent in the canyons... FiST reigns supreme there!

The closest I've had would be a friendly roll on the interstate against a FoST. Was kinda on autopilot and driving along in a 5 lane and passed by him, and he came zipping back up next to me. He had a full 5 people in his, and I had a ton of heavy stuff in mine. Was a fun little run though, got the thumbs up all around. I've pulled up next to quite a few Honda kids around here, but never get anything from them. I can also attest to the SUV/minivan crowd getting pretty bent out of shape when you pass them, it's as though you've insulted their families honor or something. [lovest]