Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

People wanting to race

Anyone else notice the ST badge seems to attract a lot of a certain kind of attention? Like it must scream "you own a y35i/S4/Infiniti/WRX, you want to race?" I like having fun and all but holy crap, sometimes I just want to get where I am going without someone playing games.

Not trying to start a street war story thread here. Just want to see if I'm the only one with this problem. Maybe there are more people out there that keep up on cars than I thought and want to see what it's made of?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Definitely not here-nobody even looks twice at the Fiesta. My FoST, otoh...

koozy

3000 Post Club
yep, but I end up having the biggest laugh because I'm usually on an E40 tune. I don't initiate the challenge, but will take a challenge if its safe to do so. my ST looks stock other than being lowered.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #4
Don't get me wrong; there have been times where I have taken the offer. Lol. I haven't done any from a launch because of the wheel hop with the stock RMM. But this thing really shines from 2nd gear rolls. I will do it if it doesn't involve anyone else around us and I'm in the mood. It's been eye opening the cars that can't pull away from a roll or don't pull much though. Cars that would probably kill me from a dig.

I'm just not always in that mood. I'm just trying to haul ass to work. Just because I'm driving expediently and have an ST badge doesn't mean I want to race. Other times I could be driving like a human being and still get beckoned.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I think it's because the car is still new to the general public and has garnered a lot of praise from various publications. I had the same experience with my Evo VIII when it first came out.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #6
Yeah, but it's an Evo. Because race car. Lol

That might be part of it. They must not be reading the whole review though because they all have said it's no speed demon. It's just a quick, well balanced car that is a heap of fun to drive. Although if it were me in the B8 S4, I would want a go at the FiST too.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I had a guy in a Corvette wanting to race me the other day.[screwy]

koozy

3000 Post Club
Was your evo tuned by vishnu?
Yes, before the tactrix cable and ECUFlash was available there was the Exceed. I drove up to Pleasanton to have Shiv tune my car at his shop and again when he came down for a dyno day at Turbo Technologies in Lake Elsinore and I had added mods since his last tune back in.... 2004, haha. Man time flies.

I think you might have been around that day when mine blew up at his dyno. AMS stage 4, 3071, old Asian guy from WA state?

A lot of the Subaru guys like to play. Only issue is these guys have some work done on their cars. I mean flame spewing insanity. I actually had a pull with a Civic and I don't know what it has inside, but I saw 3 gauges on his pillar and I know V-tek isn't all he has. But yes, that ST badge is almost an invitation.

I wish people would try more often. I had a gti once, a cobalt, and one other car. No one else will.

Pete

I just get a lot of people giving me the thumbs up or waves. Tends to be from subie owners or evo owners. Either everyone knows what the ST is or it looks faster than it is haha (straight line speed that is) :)

Original J-Pat

With my added stickers idk if it scares people off
front sticker "Break Necks Kill Egos"
Back two stickers "Hoonigan" of course lol and the "Socalfiestas.com"
but i never have anyone tryna do anything mostly the guys who get on my ass then I pull and they never catch up I did have an odyssey van really tryna get my attention he had a gauge setup i was turning right and he punched it and all i know was that was not stock and not slow lol

SPhilli911

This was one of the biggest issues with my STI when I had it. Almost every time I drove it I encountered an idiot that wanted to race.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Last weekend I had a Jetta wagon try over and over again to get me to race between stop lights and then on the highway. I 100% refused to take part or acknowledge he was there. That has been the only car so far, and that includes the time with the Fiesta Movement ST as well. I only remember a few times in my 2011 Fiesta that kids wanted to race, but I would not go for it. Besides, with 120hp, a kid on a skateboard is faster in a straight line. My Mustang is a magnet for kids wanting to race. The ST is lucky to fly under the radar enough that most people don't know what it is and those that do seem to just wave or nod.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #18
Strange how people seem to act different depending on where you are. It's actually one of the big reasons I don't want to put an exhaust on this car. I feel like it would attract even more attention and I would end up with every ricer, euro, or domestic owner instantly wanting to race every time I left the house.

I got a lot of waves and nods from FoST owners. Haven't had one try to race.

ive only raced a couple of speed 3's and gti's other wise that no one even notices my car even tho its lowered and with motigie mr125 racing wheels. but thats alright.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I really haven't noticed any of this...but that's probably because I don't pay much attention or look for it either...plus the FiST looks very unassuming and I'm sure most mistake it for a Prius anyways! LOL