Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Performance gains, COBB STAGE 3 Kit?

I am sure more than a few people have cobbs complete stage 3 setup. Many more people have a stage 3 setup with a mix of different but comparable components.

Stage 3 is a nice jump from stock, adds more than just power though. I hope to get a dyno done when my pro tune is finished, not too much hard data around on what the complete kit nets you.

Other than that Smoking Tire Vid.

OP
RodEh
Thread Starter #5
Oh ok, well I know it is good to get a custom tune but does the stage 3 kit from cobb actually need a tune or just a pre loaded map from the v3 ap?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I am sure more than a few people have cobbs complete stage 3 setup. Many more people have a stage 3 setup with a mix of different but comparable components.

Stage 3 is a nice jump from stock, adds more than just power though. I hope to get a dyno done when my pro tune is finished, not too much hard data around on what the complete kit nets you.

Other than that Smoking Tire Vid.
I agree with him.

Oh ok, well I know it is good to get a custom tune but does the stage 3 kit from cobb actually need a tune or just a pre loaded map from the v3 ap?
Some have even gone beyond stage three by upgrading their turbos...you just have to dig around a bit or read up on the build threads. It's always better to have custom tuning over the ots tune but Cobb does offer a decent ots tune.

OP
RodEh
Thread Starter #7
Sounds good, its good to hear that the the fiesta isnt sensitive compared to my mazdaspeed3.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Sounds good, its good to hear that the the fiesta isnt sensitive compared to my mazdaspeed3.
Here are some stage 3 cars I dug up real quick and there are plenty more in the build forum.

BoostBumps
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2731-BoostBumps-Build-Journal

Ian@COBB
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2581-Ian-COBB-s-Personal-Fiesta-ST-Adventure

aLL STaR Fiesta ST
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2323-aLL-STaR-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Project-Build!

You can just use the Stage 3 OTS map that comes for free on the Accessport! A custom tune might give you a bit more power if you wanted it as well. I'm currently running the Stage 3 OTS map in slot 1 and a custom "kill mode" 24 psi map in slot 4, hehe.

Ian

OP
RodEh
Thread Starter #12
Have you guys done a dyno with it? Have you guys tested 0-100km sprint?

Young L

Yea, im kinda at this same point also not sure if just going the Cobb stage 3 or just piece various companies together. After its all said and done youll spend nearly the same amount wether you do it all at once or do it over time.

OP
RodEh
Thread Starter #14
I just bought the stage 3 package from cobb 5% sale discount right now, not installing them till summer though.