Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Picked up a FiST from another member

OP
R5Mk2
Thread Starter #22
30k wow that is low miles for an 01. C5 seems like the best deal for performance per dollar.

I am not sure which one I will buy but I am leaning towards a C6. I like all of them though.

Just got a 2017 Shadow Black with 16k miles on it. The car came with a few mods: Cobb AP3, Mishimoto closed box intake w/ aluminum crossover, Whoosh intercooler, Revo RMM, VUDU short shift, symposer delete, Whiteline springs, Konig Dekagram 16x8 +40, BGF Sport Comp 2 (205/45/16), 3M ceramic tint, plus some pipes, fittings and random things.

I am 40 years old and this is my first manual car (I have owned about 10 motorcycles, but this is different). I wish I had got a manual sooner in my life but I could never justify it as 90% of my driving was sitting on the 405 in traffic. I no longer have to commute, so I finally pulled the trigger on a FiST which seems like a great first manual car. I have had it for a few days now and it feels insanely fast. It came with a stage 2 tune on it and I have lit up the tires on accident a handful of times already. Anyways there seems to be a wealth of information on here and I have already read through probably 100 different threads on various topics. Enough rambling I attached some pics of the car. I took it to Mulholland the first day I picked it up and the car really shines in the canyons. Garage pic shows my 2019 Fusion next to it which feels like a boat in comparison.

Nice man! I have the exact same car, minus mods. Only thing I don’t like about it is trying to keep it clean. Lol

OP
R5Mk2
Thread Starter #25
Nice man! I have the exact same car, minus mods. Only thing I don’t like about it is trying to keep it clean. Lol
hah yea I already am going insane with this paint. It was not perfect when I got it, car had been parked outside and it shows with some clear coat stains. Also it has a ton of swirls and chips just from being used for 4 years. I am pretty OCD with my cars my Fusion is immaculate, but I've had it since new and always parked it in my garage. I am thinking of just throwing a wrap on the ST so I don't have to deal with this black paint lol

hah yea I already am going insane with this paint. It was not perfect when I got it, car had been parked outside and it shows with some clear coat stains. Also it has a ton of swirls and chips just from being used for 4 years. I am pretty OCD with my cars my Fusion is immaculate, but I've had it since new and always parked it in my garage. I am thinking of just throwing a wrap on the ST so I don't have to deal with this black paint lol
One day (after a track day in my Black Vette) I came home, and washed it and parked in front of the house to dry. An hour or two later I came and and it looked TERRIABLE... dust/pollen all over. I turned around and looked at my white Fusion sitting there having not been washed in 6 months, and it looked WAY better (its parked outside).

So if your OCD, yeah wrap it as black looks dirty 5 minutes after being washed.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^I did like the results of the v07 quick detailer spray (used over multiple coats of Collinite 845), even if I was not in love with the orange scent. [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did try 845 because of you I don't like it at all.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Fair enough, as it seems to be a love it or hate it type of sealant wax.

I may eventually try the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax to see if it is any more impressive than the 845.