Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Pierce Motorsports Front tower brace (needs work)

Trader history for XR650R (1)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got this from Pierce just a few days ago. It didn't fit. I sent them pics and they're sending me a new one.

However, it's not off by much. Pierce Motorsports told me, "We've spotted our error-our welder welded the passenger side cup inboard about 5mm and moved the entire bar over! They start on the drivers side welding right to left and sometimes the weld will pull the assembly."

So, it's a little off, but probably fixable if you've got some fabrication skills and access to a welder. It's got some small scratches where it rubbed on the AC connector over the coolant reservoir, but nothing major. You could cut it, re-weld it, and repaint the whole thing.

$50 + shipping.

1590176484307.png

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
If you look at it from the front, the inside lower edge of the bar was touching the little nut/bolt on the outside of the metal AC connector that's mounted by a bracket that goes on over the shock tower. It's a loose plastic mount that allows the AC line to move around, so you can't "clamp it down." It's supposed to slide inside the mount freely.

You can see the scratches here.

If I were to try to fix the bar, I'd cut off the passenger side mounting plate as flush as possible, mount both plates, then realign it so it clears the AC line, mark it and re-weld it.

Here's what they said:

Hello David-thanks for the pics! We've spotted our error-our welder welded the passenger side cup inboard about 5mm and moved the entire bar over! They start on the drivers side welding right to left and sometimes the weld will pull the assembly. We've got your new bar finished and headed to powder this afternoon-Michelle will send tracking info when it leaves-our apologies-thanks again and stay safe!

Regards,

Chris Drong

It really is a matter of just a few millimeters. A good welder could make it work. I just don't have the facilities or know-how.

I paid $200 for it, between the price and shipping. I'm selling it cheap because I'm sure someone with the skills could make it fit and have a nice strut bar for about half (or less) of what I paid for it.

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
SOLD