Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PLEASE..I NEED ADVISE..Where do I turn?

My car had transmission service in January..3rd gear SYNCRO was fixed. Also 2 new front shafts were installed because crackling......i take care of my car and.no autocross....so that was fixed..car came back with a vibration that almost sound like.valves...at times sounds like a diesel inside..not much outside....Its not the.valves.....have been in dealer 6 times...They changed the tensioner, the serpentine.belt (car has 59,000 so i changed it....still has it..I saw the.vibration.stopped when AC was turned off.....so Compressor.was.changed.....NOTHING....could it be a motor mount??? Please help me!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fiestig

Start with checking the motor mounts. Especially passenger side which has a known issue of the bolt breaking at times. If they have remove the passenger motor mount, they could have botched the bolt reinstall

Last edited:
OP
L
Thread Starter #7
Well..after 7....Yes friends..7 visits to the dealer, 2 advisors, 3 mechanics, one tensioner, 1 new serpentine belt 1 new AC compressor, Corporate intervention and finally the service manager involved, It turns out the culprit of the sound was the bracket that maintains the axle in place. The bracket had play, therefor making the stupid vibration. I mentioned that yhe axles and transmission was repaired by them and thats where i thought they should have started. The reason AC compressor was changed was that when it was turned on and off the vibration stopped and started....It was just the compressor changing the rate of vibration of the engine.

In any case: FORD FIESTA ST: NO RATTLES feels delicious on the road again.....

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well..after 7....Yes friends..7 visits to the dealer, 2 advisors, 3 mechanics, one tensioner, 1 new serpentine belt 1 new AC compressor, Corporate intervention and finally the service manager involved, It turns out the culprit of the sound was the bracket that maintains the axle in place. The bracket had play, therefor making the stupid vibration. I mentioned that yhe axles and transmission was repaired by them and thats where i thought they should have started. The reason AC compressor was changed was that when it was turned on and off the vibration stopped and started....It was just the compressor changing the rate of vibration of the engine.

In any case: FORD FIESTA ST: NO RATTLES feels delicious on the road again.....

Thanks for letting us know! [thumb]

I now want to go and torque mine to spec, anyone know the torque spec of those bolts??

The reason AC compressor was changed was that when it was turned on and off the vibration stopped and started....It was just the compressor changing the rate of vibration of the engine.
You'd think after they changed that and realized the sound is still there they would've kept looking on their own, right? Glad you had it resolved.