Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Plug-and-Play Traction Control Off Module

Trader history for JDG (0)

Hey Gents,

I’ll put some more thought into this is the next few weeks. If you are interested in a unit please reply to this comment and I’ll see if there is enough interest to make a new batch.

No need to come to my house ;)
Interested in one.

Hey Gents,

I’ll put some more thought into this is the next few weeks. If you are interested in a unit please reply to this comment and I’ll see if there is enough interest to make a new batch.

Interested

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hey Gents,
Interested. Updated price yet?

Dialcaliper

I think I remember seeing a thread somewhere about a guy making his own and showing how he did it. May be worth searching for, was somewhat recent. Maybe a year ago max
Just in case, here’s the DIY thread, which I did mostly because these weren’t available at the time.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/diy-fun-mode-automatic-sport-mode-esc-off-circuit.30262/

JDG’s are a great option if they’re available and are plug-n-play, and less work involved to install if you can get your hands on one.

deeznutz

Hey Gents,

Yes! My first comment still stands!

Hey Gents,

Yes! 🙌

My understanding is that ESC includes Traction Control and Torque Vectoring, and "turning off" ESC only turns off traction control. There used to be a Ford module for STs through 2014, that defeated Torque Vectoring, but it is discontinued, and it would have to be modified to work on my 2017. Would you know hot to create a module (or other method) to defeat the torque vectoring?

Dialcaliper

My understanding is that ESC includes Traction Control and Torque Vectoring, and "turning off" ESC only turns off traction control. There used to be a Ford module for STs through 2014, that defeated Torque Vectoring, but it is discontinued, and it would have to be modified to work on my 2017. Would you know hot to create a module (or other method) to defeat the torque vectoring?
Unfortunately it’s baked into the ABS module firmware. Up through 2013, the Fiesta used a different computer/electrical system, and from
What I can tell, Ford performance adapted a similar ABS module from a contemporary Ford F-150 of all things, and the swap required the ABS module to be replaced completely.

Unfortunately the 2014 onward Fiesta changed to a completely different style computer and ABS electronics that isn’t at all compatible with the older module.

Thank you, Dialcaliper. That's more information than I've been able to find anywhere.
It gets me every time I'm trailbraking into a corner at the limit of traction, and the Torque Vectoring intervenes, changing the load distribution and direction. I'm told that defeating the ABS by pulling the ABS fuse will defeat the Torque Vectoring, and that fits with your explanation above.

I was wondering about how to install a switch to defeat ABS/Torque Vectoring. I see the previous post: where Hackamasack said: Hey. Just picked up your module from someone who never installed it! Can’t wait to get to it. This ones neat and comes in handy, but is there any chance you could engineer one to disable ABS? PLEASE and Thank You!

And you replied:

I could, but I probably won’t. I can walk you through it to do it yourself if you would like. You just need to momentary cut power to the abs module. Probably best to wire a switch in line with the abs fuse in the engine bay.
Would you still be willing to walk us through it?

Any help would be appreciated.

I could, but I probably won’t. I can walk you through it to do it yourself if you would like. You just need to momentary cut power to the abs module. Probably best to wire a switch in line with the abs fuse in the engine bay.
Oops. It wasn't Dialcaliper that said that...it was JDG.

SubWooferBro

Premium Account
Hey Gents,

Oh hell yes. Give me the magic box!