Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poll: Ride Height - Bilstein B8 vs. B6

Stock ride height or lowered?

• Stock Height

• Lowered

Results are only viewable after voting.
Internal debate [angel]vs.[deviltail]

To lower or not to lower?

I have Eibach Pro Kit spings and Bilstein B8's waiting patiently, but after installing chassis braces has me thinking twice. The addition of a traction bar, trunk bar, and cross member brace has the stock suspension riding confidently. The car seems planted and the suspension is doing it's job efficiently. Now I'm thinking Bilstein B6's would be a better option with the addition of a rear torsion bar and front upper strut brace. As a daily driver I like the idea of having extra ground clearance.

Any thoughts? What has worked well for you?

Mikey456

I did the lowering springs for appearance reasons. I did not like the fender gap of the stock car and was willing to deal with the driveway scrape. I do not have a traction brace underneath. If you don’t mind the stock ride height, keep it stock and go with the shocks. The stock springs are fine, however the shocks aren’t the best.

OP
FiST Mag
Thread Starter #4
I did the lowering springs for appearance reasons. I did not like the fender gap of the stock car and was willing to deal with the driveway scrape. I do not have a traction brace underneath. If you don’t mind the stock ride height, keep it stock and go with the shocks. The stock springs are fine, however the shocks aren’t the best.
Thanks, I’m starting to like the look of the stock ride height with 17x7.5” wheels with a bigger tire (215/40R 17). It seems to fill in the fender gap enough for my liking.

1A1EA17B-82E0-4524-9DF8-B67B0B9E4995.jpeg

the duke

IF someone/ANYONE made factory ride height, but significantly higher rate linear springs for these cars, they would be on mine right now paired with Bilstein B6es. [wink] [:(]
Same, but in the meantime a wider tire with Konis seems to be the trick.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks, I’m starting to like the look of the stock ride height with 17x7.5” wheels with a bigger tire (215/40R 17). It seems to fill in the fender gap enough for my liking.

View attachment 23275
Yes, especially from a distance, it actually looks quite good (I have 17x8 Pro Race 1.2s with 215/40-17 RS-RRs on them). [wink]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I just did soft and sticky cheap UHP all season 215/40/17 tires with Eibach springs on '17+ OEM shocks... I like it. Fender gap is gone and only very, very minor scraping on inclines. Also like the ride now, not as soft as I feared at all and lowering center of gravity still helps overall with handling AND putting the power down if you have a high torque tune. However, steering response is now slightly less immediate, but also feels like you have more subtle control too, if that makes sense. Definitely very happy overall that I did them!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wFFrU2vmXRb4MvgQ7

danbfree

3000 Post Club
IF someone/ANYONE made factory ride height, but significantly higher rate linear springs for these cars, they would be on mine right now paired with Bilstein B6es. [wink] [:(]
Ksport and ISC coilovers allow for stock height and 32 clicks of stiffness adjustment. The ISC's even come in comfort, street and track flavors with an appropriately different range of stiffness adjustment.