Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Popping noise in front left

I have this issue on the passenger front side. Car has newer strust, new strut mounts, new control arms with poly bushings, new tie rod ends.... and the pop is still there. Its only happening when you turn the wheel say going out of a driveway... but won't happen again unless maybe you move the car forward and back and couple times and turn the wheel the opposite way.. so its odd, and i don't think it's axles. The only things left to replace are the end links which mine are pretty loose feeling, but they don't have a play. I may actually take the passenger strut assembly out all over again, take it all apart and reassemble. The mounts are new but could be its shot, or the hats aren't torqued enough.

Zormecteon

I don't know about these cars specifically, but when there's a popping from the front end when turning it's usually the CV joint.

Fiestig

I have this issue on the passenger front side. Car has newer strust, new strut mounts, new control arms with poly bushings, new tie rod ends.... and the pop is still there. Its only happening when you turn the wheel say going out of a driveway... but won't happen again unless maybe you move the car forward and back and couple times and turn the wheel the opposite way.. so its odd, and i don't think it's axles. The only things left to replace are the end links which mine are pretty loose feeling, but they don't have a play. I may actually take the passenger strut assembly out all over again, take it all apart and reassemble. The mounts are new but could be its shot, or the hats aren't torqued enough.
Sway bar bushings. I know this scenario all too well

Sway bar bushings. I know this scenario all too well
Funny story. I actually had a set from Powerflex... turns out PF failed on the design for the 14-15 models using 19mm sway bars. The bushing is too tall and will not fit under the stock brackets, and PF doesn't supply new brackets. So I emailed PF the problem and they're acutally working on a new bushing design for us folk with early gen USDM fiesta.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Funny story. I actually had a set from Powerflex... turns out PF failed on the design for the 14-15 models using 19mm sway bars. The bushing is too tall and will not fit under the stock brackets, and PF doesn't supply new brackets. So I emailed PF the problem and they're acutally working on a new bushing design for us folk with early gen USDM fiesta.
Did this ever come to fruition?

Sam4

yep - threw mine in the trash, reused the oe's. No more squeaky PF anywhere in my car.

Did this ever come to fruition?
Yes! Powerflex confirmed they have them available. I'll check my email communications to see if I can get any more specifics. Was kinda irritated they didn't wanna hook me up with a set after basically helping them open up a market for the older gen fiesta owners, and also having a bunk design... but whatev.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes! Powerflex confirmed they have them available. I'll check my email communications to see if I can get any more specifics. Was kinda irritated they didn't wanna hook me up with a set after basically helping them open up a market for the older gen fiesta owners, and also having a bunk design... but whatev.
So? What have you gathered?

Attachments

Last edited: